Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inspiring Tearjerker. Get your tissues.
Practically in my own backyard, there was a shooter who shot his former wife and in-laws, killing 6 people in total while one girl survived despite being shot and suffering a head fracture. Her name is Cassidy Stay, and she's pretty damn inspiring in my opinion.

You see, after watching the slaughter of her family, she waited until it was safe, called 911 and claimed that the shooter was after other members of her family.

In fact, her grandfather says this:

Quote:"She had been shot and witnessed the murder of her mother and father and siblings. Still, she had the presence of mind to remain quiet, to play dead, and as soon as it was safe, despite the terrible things she must have seen, at that moment she called police, and told them we were in danger. Without her courage and quick thinking, we might be mourning the deaths of 20 people today, including myself and my children and grandchildren."

Yesterday, she was somehow able to go to the funeral service for her family (she was only released from the hospital the day before) and had some pretty wise words to say.

Quote:"In The Prisoner of Azkaban, Dumbledore says, 'Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.' I know that my mom, dad, Bryan, Emily, Becca and Zach are in a much better place," she said, her voice catching. "And I'll be able to see them again one day... Stay Strong!"

She can say that despite the deaths of her mother, father, and four siblings!

Cassidy also thanked everyone who helped her with the entire recovery process and all the while, so many people have her to thank as well. Despite all that she witnessed, she's emerged as a hero!

Here's a link to one of the many stories about her and you can watch the whole thing there.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/...617092.php

I've been keeping up with this story even tho it's so bad. Cassidy Stay has rare strength. My heart goes out to her for the unimaginable loss she has to feel after Ronald Haskell took her family.

Not to detract from this horrible story, It's best I don't work in a jail in Houston and I feel for those who do.

She was remarkable at the service.
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

She's one of a kind...

thoughts and prayers to her and her family at this horrible time.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Thats lucky...not inspiring. ....

Actually, it's brave if anything I believe. There's clearly luck involved but it's inspiring in that despite what she just literally went through, she knew exactly what she needed to do and did it.

Thanks for sharing. Strength and clear thinking in the face of adversity.

Good on her. But im focused on people of Palestine and Syria.

#OnlyCowardStealFromThePoor