Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Instant crushes
So a Chinese student just walked into my work. I was awestruck by how cute he was.

While he was working out his water bill he made this adorable little ahhh errrr sound. it was all I could do not to pick him up, lift him over the counter and cuddle him.

Half an hour later and I just can't stop grinning. We said maybe 10 words to each other but I'm left with this strange wonderful euphoria.

Have you guys felt like this before?
Is it common?

To you question: Is this common?

My answer: Is this uncommon?
生年不满百,
常怀千岁忧。
昼短苦夜长,
何不秉烛游。

Alvin Wrote:To you question: Is this common?

I think there are certain people, for one reason or another we are just drawn to like a bug flying into a fire.

It is a wonderful feeling to either really like someone or feel very well connected.

The important thing is to realize you're probably not going to see any faults, it's scientifically proven that when people are in a crush they cannot see the other persons flaws and for the most part that's what's supposed to happen, or seems like it anyway.

I guess the question we should ask ourselves should we actually like the person we like and have a crush on?
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

Alvin Wrote:To you question: Is this common?

Well for me it is, it's unique.

I've been sexually attracted to people at first sight. And I've developed emotional attachments to people over time.

But I've never been so completely drawn to a perfect stranger.

InbetweenDreams Wrote:I think there are certain people, for one reason or another we are just drawn to like a bug flying into a fire.

It is a wonderful feeling to either really like someone or feel very well connected.

The important thing is to realize you're probably not going to see any faults, it's scientifically proven that when people are in a crush they cannot see the other persons flaws and for the most part that's what's supposed to happen, or seems like it anyway.

I guess the question we should ask ourselves should we actually like the person we like and have a crush on?

Yeah, love is blind. We tend to project our own illusion onto strangers, and there lies a possibility that you may get broken-hearted and start to question whether you are into who this guy really is or the guy you think he is. But isn't that what love is? It's... irrational. Like Van Gogh said, "Love causes trouble. It always does. But in its fever, it energizes."

So, my dear stranger, learn to dance or fall in love and be prepared to get hurt...BADLY. Big Grin
生年不满百,
常怀千岁忧。
昼短苦夜长,
何不秉烛游。

TigerLover Wrote:Well for me it is, it's unique.

I've been sexually attracted to people at first sight. And I've developed emotional attachments to people over time.

It wasn't love, it wasn't love
It was a perfect illusion (perfect illusion)
Mistaken for love, it wasn't love
It was a perfect illusion (perfect illusion)
dilated, falling free in a modern ecstasy
It was a perfect illusion
Somewhere in all the confusion
You were so perfect
You were a, you were a perfect illusion

The song pops up in my mind when I'm reading your post. Big Grin
Maybe it's a perfect illusion?
生年不满百,
常怀千岁忧。
昼短苦夜长,
何不秉烛游。

TigerLover Wrote:Well for me it is, it's unique.

It is a powerful feeling for sure mate! :-)

I had some major crushes in a similar way. XD

Happens to me from time to time. Maybe a couple of times a year, if you average it out over long periods.

Enjoy it !
''Do I look civilized to you?''

TigerLover Wrote:We said maybe 10 words to each other but I'm left with this strange wonderful euphoria.

Have you guys felt like this before?
Is it common?

Definitely happened before and sometimes I even found myself doing this in public and just hope people around me wouldn't think I'm some kind of psychopath because I was grinning to myself for no reason which would look creepy for the others haha