Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insulin Toxicity? Intermittent Fasting
Nothing quite like enjoying all the delights of nature! Amazing how wonderful some aromas can be.
I bid NO Trump!

what i do know though is that insulin coagulates when close to elevated temperatures, so if i coagulates, it could cause blood clots in your bloodstream and cause a stroke if youre not careful, so avoid exercising too much or do anything that would elevate your net body heat.

Found this on fasting for Ramadan:

"Risks of fasting
If you have complications associated with diabetes, such as poor vision or heart or kidney disease, the risk of aggravating these is very high and you should seriously consider not fasting
For people with diabetes taking certain tablets and/or insulin, fasting carries the risk of hypoglycaemia. If you feel that you are having a hypo, you must break your fast and take some sugary fluids followed by starchy food, in accordance with scripture, as otherwise you will harm your body and may need medical attention
You may develop high blood glucose levels during a fast if you do not take prescribed medication or if you are less physically active than normal, which could lead to diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) – a serious condition requiring hospital treatment." boldface added

Notice that one may develop high blood sugar while fasting (in this case about 17 hours) and that it can be dangerous. The body is a strange and wonderful thing and it does not always behave as we intuit.
I bid NO Trump!

That's interesting. I would go out on a limb and think that would be due to the liver releasing glucose to compensate for the fasting, however, due to the pre-existing insulin resistance the sugar can't be dealt with. The other catch 22 with DKA is that can't be brought on by physical activity as well, or so I was told..

I do think that people do have to be careful with anything like that because it is somewhat a shock to the body to drastically change caloric intake and so on. Unfortunately there's just not enough research and if there were a cure all for diabetes yeah I'd say more people would be trying to go at it.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!