Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Software
Maybe we can build up a collection of interesting software....

Stellarium

a freeopen source planetarium for PC

YoWindow

a free weather-software for PC

whats the point of yowindow when you can find out the weather on your computer HMMMMMMMMM

I like dropbox - just because you can share loads with different people from one little box and upload things whenever you want to not waiting for them to accept Confusedmile:
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

toomuch45 Wrote:whats the point of yowindow when you can find out the weather on your computer HMMMMMMMMM

you know when you can go with you dogs without rain .... no dogs ? buy some... and you have a great software Icon16

Re: Interesting software, there are plenty open source software to be found on the web. Here is one which I use as it is a useful tool when need some basic changes to photos.

http://www.irfanview.com/

A free photo editor software, and under 2mb.

Rhinoceros, Inkscape, Luxrender and (drumb roll pleas)

BLENDER!! They're all awesome Big Grin

Ceruleaan Wrote:Rhinoceros, Inkscape, Luxrender and (drumb roll pleas)

BLENDER!! They're all awesome Big Grin

Tried blender at some time ago .. never could figure it out / make it work right LOL.
never heard of the others (but have Luxrender downloading now)

I'm going to try and learn python during the summer Smile anyone used it?

72jay Wrote:Tried blender at some time ago .. never could figure it out / make it work right LOL.
never heard of the others (but have Luxrender downloading now)

You really should give blender another go, it took me three tries before I committed to finally cracking the sucker, and now that I have all I can say is its awesome! And I haven't even scratched the surface of what it can do to boot!

Ceruleaan Wrote:You really should give blender another go, it took me three tries before I committed to finally cracking the sucker, and now that I have all I can say is its awesome! And I haven't even scratched the surface of what it can do to boot!

It looked like it'd be a really cool program Smile
Maybe I'll try downloading a newer version sometime since that was a couple years ago.