Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Software
Here's a few video-related softwares i use (all are free):

DVD Shrink -Its primary to "shrink" the size of a DVD video files - so you can fit them on a normal DVD-R ... but you can also use it grab bits & pieces of video from a DVD - say something you recorded with a camcorder or whatever (which is what i use it for)

Wax You can use it to make video slideshows from still photos or other videos .. has some bugs but i deff recommend it

Super This one will convert between many different video formats..very handy to have Smile

YAMB you can combine multiple shorter MP4 video and Audio files into a single longer video.

GIMP - It's simular to photoshop although it's free to download.

Google Sketch up - It's good for makeing 3D objects

=============================================

Photoshop
Macromedia Fireworks
Cinema 4D (haven't used, but would like to)

Arghh....I can't believe I forgot about gimp..... How lame of me, its an awesome piece of software, you can use it for .gif animations too Tongue

Rainmeter - Customize your desktop to death.

This is so much fun to play with, you download the pre built desktop skins and add their gadgets to your desktop.
[Image: Dark_Eve_for_Rainmeter_by_crucafix.jpg]
Like this

Another one i've had some fun messing around is something called FruityLoops which is a sound/music program (and i think quite popular?).
Looks like its very complex/you could do a ton of stuff with it...wish i had more time to fool around LOL

This one's not free (but there is a free demo version )

Custo-Pack

create your own desktop

RocketDock

create your personal task-bar

Amarok for music

Gwenview for photo slideshows and minor editting/renaming

Gimp

And while you are at it, try a Linux operating system...so much more customisable than windows.

I want to download linux, but never really got round to doing so.

Blender- lawlz 3d renderingggg. also AZdrawing. very good for someone trying to draw properly.

Rawr Wrote:I want to download linux, but never really got round to doing so.

Do it Rawr, you can download and burn the disc and use the 'LiveCD' to have a play with the system and see if you like it, and then you can install it and create a windows/linux dual boot system.

Ubuntu and LinuxMint are the most popular Operating Systems, Gnome is the most popular Desktop Environment...and both have great community support.