• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting but definitely not for arachnaphobes
http://www.businessinsider.com/giant-spi...ng-2014-10
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

[Image: spider_1.jpg]

O M G

I am not a fan of spiders...

Why do they have to be so big? They give me the creeps. Even small spiders give me the creeps. The other day in my car, I felt a tingle on my leg. I looked to see if something was there, and I saw a spider crawling up my leg. Ahhhhhhh. I didn't scream but I did freak out. I don't think I was able to kill it because I missed it the first time and then it disappeared.

I definitely wouldn't want to meet one of those on a dark night but spiders in general don't bother me. If I find one in my flat I usually let it be since it is capable of eliminating other unwelcome visitors. I had a small one in my bathroom that stayed around for weeks (heavens knows what he lived on) and I christened him Fred. They are an essential part of the ecology.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I'm dreadfully afraid of such things. Luckily I don't have many spiders in my flat, however if I see one, then it's the last day of its life.

CuriousPhoenix Wrote:Why do they have to be so big? They give me the creeps. Even small spiders give me the creeps. The other day in my car, I felt a tingle on my leg. I looked to see if something was there, and I saw a spider crawling up my leg. Ahhhhhhh. I didn't scream but I did freak out. I don't think I was able to kill it because I missed it the first time and then it disappeared.
Because they have a lower metabolic rate than smaller spiders which allows them to grow in size wile making it easier to transport oxygen throughout their body. If you would of read the article instead of being a big baby you would of known that :biggrin:

I don't mind little money spiders but those fat ones with big legs freak me out. The other day one such monster scuttled across my floor, aiming for underneath my bed, I squashed it. I wasn't sleeping knowing that was under my bed. Though in their defense they do kill daddy long legs, I hate them, their whole life is banging against things, they shouldn't be.

Do they jump? I hate the jumpers, they're the worst! :eek:

[Image: Hogna_lenta_18.jpg]

LONDONER Wrote:I definitely wouldn't want to meet one of those on a dark night but spiders in general don't bother me. If I find one in my flat I usually let it be since it is capable of eliminating other unwelcome visitors. I had a small one in my bathroom that stayed around for weeks (heavens knows what he lived on) and I christened him Fred. They are an essential part of the ecology.

We keep our daddy long legs in the corners now because they are deadly...to other spiders. We had a black widow appear on our kitchen counter years ago and after that my BF was making sure the ones in the kitchen had enough flies to eat LOL...