Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting photograph
I justv happened to come across this and am posting it for no other reason other that I thought it is interesting. Fascinating to see the difference in size.

http://asianhistory.about.com/od/china/p...-Ships.htm

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

A question for the ethnic Chinese among us:

China has much vested in its long history and process of assimilating many invading armies and people. It is the most fundamental aspect of Chinese culture, a bit like gravity in the accretion theory of the universe. Over time, all is sucked in to become Chinese and China takes on a life of her own.

So, is there a pushback effect psychologically? Does the veneration of the ancient in the Chinese society result in the younger generations envying younger societies and cultures for their vitality, their youth, and the like? Is there a sort of resultant "youth worship" not unlike the old queens at a gay bar spellbound by the presence of the young and beautiful?

Call me curious. I have taken a couple of courses in Chinese history, and I think that question has been building since the 80's.

謝謝

Sorry. I'm the most non-Chinese Chinese person ever...