Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interracial Dating(Would you date outside your race?)
a person's race doenst really matter to me as long as there attractive and i have great chemistry with them( and if your wondering i'm irish,german,english,and possibly french.)

you see this post come up a few times, and why not:

inter racial marriage was only allowed in the US since 1970. that means:
-"only allowed" means there were laws prohibiting it.
-after the laws were removed there were decades that the emotions ran wild if the lady had a mixed race child or 2 people were out on the town dating.

the conversion started in the 60's but if you look at the parts of the US that waited till 1970 to remove the laws and over lay this with the typical factors such as:
-level of education available
-amount of religion
-economic resources
-number of passports per population

you see a direct correlation, the stuff ( us census bureau data ) is on google, go for it.

idk what other cuntrys are like but in the US its a variety, all mixes of races, so its not a big deal. Of course i would date outside my race. Im mexican irish and italian so i have to find somebody outside that right?

Even though I care a lot about how the person I'm dating looks, this has never been an issue for me. Love is love!

Sometimes it's surprising how backwards people can still be about race. Personally, I wouldn't identify as interracial, despite being 1/8 Native, 1/8 Jewish, 1/4 Irish, 1/4 Scott, and 1/4 English. My distant Jewish and Native heritage isn't really visible and was not a strong part of my cultural upbringing. I don't really care about race when it comes to relationships.

jeffrey Wrote:There isn't anything wrong with interracial dating if that's what one chooses, however, I'm afraid that in an effort to be politically correct to the Nth degree, people in the future (if not already) may be labeled "racist" if they prefer to stay within their own race and I find that rather troubling.
I suppose it's mainly a question of how you talk about the other races, not maybe what your personal choice for a boyfriend would be... I think we'll agree that even someone who would not normally look beyond their own race would make an exception if they fell in love with someone across their boundaries, don't you think? I believe what our original poster was saying, was that some attitudes, that are cultural leanings in some sections of the population, seem to persist even though America is the so called "melting pot", but more to the point, these discriminating attitudes are all the more surprising in a 'community' that seeks to have equal rights.

My last girlfriend was blasian and we were together for years. Despite our radically different backgrounds we meshed perfectly together (ok, there was periodic drama) and I thought we'd be together forever. I was devastated when she cheated on me.

My BFF is black, and of a shade so dark that she's even gotten grief from others in the black community (among other reasons like her being so book smart). We're so close that a girlfriend would be a fool to try to come between us.

Oh, and just for the record I'm a blue eyed strawberry blonde.

That all said, I'd be careful about claiming those who didn't want to date outside their race (and btw, there are also exist a few who refuse to date anyone of their own so-called race as well, often preferring a specific race not their own) as racists promoting inequality. After all there are plenty of hets who support full equality for gays but they don't want to DATE us! :tongue:

I am in an inter racial relationship right now and have been for the last 9.5 years. I am caucasian, multiple nationalities, and my partner is Pacific Islander. He got grief from his sister and my family accepted his as that was the man that I love.

Personally I think its just personal preferance, some people are attracted to other races of people, others are not.

Well as i know im 100% greek or ok lets say 99% Tongue But i dont think that i whould have any problem dating somone out of my race... Also i think is really intersting because you live with someone with whom you may have completely different way of leaving...