Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interracial Dating(Would you date outside your race?)
I really don't care about race, I've been with white guys, asian guys, and latin guys, I couldn't care less about race as long as there is attraction and chemistry.
Richard

Yes, I would in fact right now I am mixed with black and white and I am dating someone who is White, people need to see that Love is Love!

Race should not be a problem. Love has no color to it. Except pink or red maybe lol.

jeffrey Wrote:There isn't anything wrong with interracial dating if that's what one chooses, however, I'm afraid that in an effort to be politically correct to the Nth degree, people in the future (if not already) may be labeled "racist" if they prefer to stay within their own race and I find that rather troubling.

Then if the people who judge you for dating someone of the same race they are ignorant. Just because you are with someone of the same race does not make you raciest and if someone says so their just as ignorant as someone who is raciest Confusedmile:

Was just curious to see what people thought about it. Its not a big deal people should be able to love someone whether their of the same race or not. I grew up in a small town in central Missouri and when I was in high school 98% of the students were white. Some of my friends started to date. The ones that dated out side of their race, well lets just say it wasn't pretty. Their parents threw fits and was upset it was ridiculous. You would have thought someone had died. My friend was going to go to prom with a guy who was of a different race then her grandparents who she stayed with kicked her out of the house. Its crazy how psycho people can get over something that isant a big deal. This all was back in 2003, 2004 time. I mean come on you think people getting that upset we were still back in the 1800's. I don't understand it. But I have met gay guys who are raciest and it doesn't make sense to me how a person fighting for their rights to be equal can discriminate against another. Confusedmile:

Blake1122 Wrote:Then if the people who judge you for dating someone of the same race they are ignorant. Just because you are with someone of the same race does not make you raciest and if someone says so their just as ignorant as someone who is raciest Confusedmile:

The reason I replied to this thread is that a few months ago a woman where I work asked me how I felt about dating outside my race. She is in an interracial relationship and that's cool, but she really put me on the spot and I didn't appreciate it. There were other people around at the time and our workforce is only about 40% Caucasian. She said that she knew a guy that she wanted me to meet and that was her reason for asking. Anyway, it was one of the most uncomfortable moments that I have had in a long time and it had the potential to cause some very nasty race relations at work.

Only thing i would try to avoid is people from the middle east. They're great but many are not so gay friendly from my experience

I dont see the problem with interracial dating, i've dated a guy from taiwan, dated a black guy as well, would love to eventually date someone from ireland or scotland. Way i see it, it exposes others to new cultures, like dfiant says. As for me, am half irish, along with some scottish, british, and indian.

jeffrey Wrote:The reason I replied to this thread is that a few months ago a woman where I work asked me how I felt about dating outside my race. She is in an interracial relationship and that's cool, but she really put me on the spot and I didn't appreciate it. There were other people around at the time and our workforce is only about 40% Caucasian. She said that she knew a guy that she wanted me to meet and that was her reason for asking. Anyway, it was one of the most uncomfortable moments that I have had in a long time and it had the potential to cause some very nasty race relations at work.

Ugh! That was so wrong of her to do especially at work. She should have asked you off work and in the break room when you two were alone. She also should have just said hey I have a friend whos a great guy and would love for you guys to meet and if something more happens then that's great and if nothing happens that's ok to.:eek:Confusedmile:

I think it's rather weird for people to question interracial relationship especially now that we are in 21st century. It's normal to see interracial gay and straight couples in Malaysia.

But back to the question, I don't have problem dating guys from other races.