Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interview a GS Member: CellarDweller
iPromise Wrote:If there's one thing you could change above in your daily routine what would it be?

Well, that would be waking up next to someone, but that would require a "someone" in my life. LOL

Other than that, spend more time on my writing. I've got three short stories perculating on my computer that I've not completed yet.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

DRIMO Wrote:Freud or Jung? And why? Wink

Freud. Because even though sometimes, a good cigar is just a good cigar, the times it isn't just a cigar can be fun.

Oh wow, interesting, short stories love those! When are you going to publish? I'd very much like to read them!

Ah, I hear yah on that waking up near someone .... -.-'

Okay here's another question.

What is it that you love about your job as a banker? What do you do?

iPromise Wrote:Oh wow, interesting, short stories love those! When are you going to publish? I'd very much like to read them!

Actually, I think they’ll be longer than that. I have an idea about three stories in one book, all unrelated. So with the length, they’ll probably be more like “novellas”. I also have about 50 poems saved on my computer, so I’d like to get those published too. I'm only about 1/3 to 1/2 done on the first story, so they won't be published for a while.

iPromise Wrote:What is it that you love about your job as a banker? What do you do?

I like the people I work with, and the company is very progressive. They offer health benefits to same-sex couples.

I didn’t intend on going into banking, I just kinda fell into it and I will have been here for 15 years in August of 2012.

Oh woah, I use to work for a bank. Tongue Then moved to credit card company, and now here I am without a job just focused on studying only. Tongue

And good luck with the writing! ^_~

hmmm another question.

When was your recent/last date? What did you do? How'd it go in the end? What would you have done differently?

iPromise Wrote:OWhen was your recent/last date? What did you do? How'd it go in the end? What would you have done differently?

My last date was around September of 2011, met a guy online and there seemed to be some compatibility, but when we met up for lunch, not so much. We've become good friends and occasionally go out dancing from time to time.

Nothing I would've done different, wasn't the most exciting date, but if there was a real interest, we could've done more stuff.

What is your suggestion when it comes to finding dates and or friends?
What are your thoughts on open relationships? Is it just simply an accepted way of life when a relationship begins to fade?

What are your thoughts on group relationships, I've run into several couples and 1 group(family of gay guys 4 of them) who wanted to add another to their relationship. Do you think that works? Is that just substituting for something? Or general thoughts

Story Wrote:What is your suggestion when it comes to finding dates and or friends?

Google can be a great asset. I didn't have a lot of gay friends in my immediate area, and one day I decided to Google "gay" something I liked, so I Googled "Gay Bowling League" and I found a GLBT league that bowls every Tuesday night about 10 minutes drive from my house. I've since made a lot of friends, and we have a dinner planned, as I've gone dancing with them a few times. It's been a great experience. Try it......"gay cooking", "gay hiking" anything that can be a group activity with "gay" on it.

Story Wrote:What are your thoughts on open relationships? Is it just simply an accepted way of life when a relationship begins to fade?

I completely avoid open relationships and "threesomes". I think that it's a dead end, and after a while, one of the thirds is no longer wanted and the pair reforms, and the third wheel is out of luck.

Story Wrote:What are your thoughts on group relationships, I've run into several couples and 1 group(family of gay guys 4 of them) who wanted to add another to their relationship. Do you think that works? Is that just substituting for something? Or general thoughts

I avoid these situations as well. It can be tempting, but you have to stay strong with what you want. I know I wand to be part of a commited couple, and that's what I focus on. As for what happens when a relationship "fades".......once you find yourself in a relationship, you have to work to maintain it. A relationship is like a garden, if you don't cultivate it, it will become over-run with weeds and refuse to flower.

I am following the thread. This is an interesting concept to put one of the members through an inquisition. Wink

Cellar, is there any one clear defining moment in your life that has lead to where you are today? If so would you share it with us?

Thanks

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I am following the thread. This is an interesting concept to put one of the members through an inquisition. Wink

Cellar, is there any one clear defining moment in your life that has lead to where you are today? If so would you share it with us?

Thanks

Agreed. This is first "interview" I've followed.

Smile

Good questions by everyone, by the way (and interesting responses too).