Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interview a GS Member: CellarDweller
Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Cellar, is there any one clear defining moment in your life that has lead to where you are today? If so would you share it with us?

Wow.....great question.

I've actually enjoyed all the questions, and hope they continue!

I would have to say my coming out in 1997 (15 years ago) is that moment. Before then, I was so busy trying to live how I thought I should, that I couldn't see the toll it was taking on me. I was withdrawn, depressed, in debt, overweight, not liking my job, and poor physical and mental health.

After I came out I was able to shift my focus from doing what I thought I was supposed to, to what I really should be doing. I ended up getting a better job, losing 80 pounds, coming out of my depression, dating have having relationships, and overall being a happier person.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

When writing, what influences keep your creativity flowing?

Also, do you have any particular poets/writers that inspire you, and why?

Cellar, what gets you excited about life?

Bookworm Wrote:When writing, what influences keep your creativity flowing?

Also, do you have any particular poets/writers that inspire you, and why?

I'm easily distracted, so I don't focus on my writing as much as I should. I do find that once I get started, I can continue for a while. Walks in nature help clear my head, and while I'm wandering aimlessly, I'm letting my imagination think what it will, and that's where most of my ideas come from.

Writers that inspire me have been Annie Proulx and her short stories (she's best known as the author of Brokeback Mountain) and Stephen King. I'm currently reading his book 11/22/63 and really enjoying it.

Jay Wrote:Cellar, what gets you excited about life?

Right now, it's seeing plans for my future come together.

For so long I was living paycheck-to-paycheck with nothing to show for it. I put my nose to the grindstone, focused on my job, and at review time about 8 years ago, my boss noticed and commented how hard I was working, and that I was "grossly underpaid". He corrected this for me.

With that, I was able to pay off all my debt, and purchase my first new car. I'm currently saving for a new one (my current car is in good shape, but has 102,000 miles on it) and once I have the full sticker price for one, I'll be packing my bags and moving to a new place.

This should all fall into place by the end of this year, and then I can focus more on my social/romantic life.

What's your favorite type of music/favorite singer/band?

Do you play a musical instrument?

Do you have any pets?

What is your most treasured possession and why?

Are you a morning person or a night person?

What is your favorite candy?
Would you ever consider dating someone who told you if they were HIV positive after the first date, after the third date? After 2 months of solid dating?
What kind of phone do you have?
What do you believe is your role in life? (healer, protector, inventor, leader, inspirer? Etc)

Cellar, we know you are an able cook and are fond of cooking. We also know you like a ticklish guy to tickle your fancy.... but do you enjoy dancing (performing or watching?) and what kind of movies are your standard fare???

Smile

Hiya guys! Just popping in to say I'm heading out for the night, but will be back to answer the questions! Very cool assortment!

See ya later!

azulai Wrote:What's your favorite type of music/favorite singer/band?

My favorite type of music is club/dance music, with a sub-genre of freestyle. For those who don't know freestyle, it was popular from the mid-80s to mid-90s, and could be considered a mix of salsa/merengue and pop music. Here's a 2 minute video of a CD set called "Forever Freestyle" that has a pretty good mix of what freestyle sounds like.

My favorite singer is Madonna. My favorite band is a toss up between Nickelback and Daughtry.

azulai Wrote:Do you play a musical instrument?

No, I don't, but I think it would be cool to learn to play the guitar.

azulai Wrote:Do you have any pets?

Yes, one large black cat named Blaze. Had him for about 3 1/2 years now.

azulai Wrote:What is your most treasured possession and why?

Many years ago as an Easter gift, my mother made me a photo album with old pics of my great grandparents, grand parents, my class pics from kindergarten through 8th grade, senior yearbook pic, and some other pics afterwards. Aside from the family history, there are two pics in there, a pic of me and my friend Jackie, and a pic of me and my friend Rich. Jackie & I met in 2006, and she lost a battle with liver cancer in 2008. Rich and I met in 2007, and he "adopted" me as his little brother. He was killed in a freak accident in 2010. I miss them both very much.

azulai Wrote:Are you a morning person or a night person?

A little of both. I'm able to get up rather early and be alert. I can also stay up late.