Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intro
Hello all, just want to say hi and I suppose say why I'm here. Ive been curious for a couple of years but have no idea how to get into this scene and still be discreet. I have a lot to learn just to figure out if I want to be here or not. All advice and info is welcome, I don't even know how to talk to another guy about this. Thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome to gayspeak,
Learning about yourself when you realise you may go the other way can be like learning to walk all over again... Here on the forum we are a really friendly bunch of people who hold no judges against anyone i find... I wouldnt worry too much about learning the ropes because when you come down to the dirty work your be able to explore yourself and the fella infront of you and its a self taught moment... I often joke when my nan says ill be with a woman i reply only if she comes with an instruction manual on how to operate... as i wouldnt have the first clue what to do... Well its what being gay is like really... Your find your feet and your find your path within life... I wouldnt worry too much about things just sit back and carry on as normal but if there are any topics of interest you want to seek advice about feel free to mention them here and im sure we will do our best to help ya as we all come from different backgrounds and therefore have different experiences within life..

Kindest regards

Zeon x

hello Rookie!

Welcome to the forums, I am new here as well. Seems like a great place and everything I have read has been helpful to me.

Hello and welcome. Do you know what "scene" it is you want to get into? Some people seem to find it quite useful just getting used to using the words on here and that sometimes makes it easier to use them face-to-face with someone. If you don't know someone you can engage in conversation have you thought about going to somewhere where the boys are? Again, some people seem to be able to make personal contacts through others they meet on here. The advantage of this site is that it is not about hooking up for a one-night - or even a two-minute - stand. There is always the option of going to a club or a bar, but conversation might be more difficult if the environment is noisy and some people in bars can be a bit stand-offish (sorry I don't know if that translates into American!).

Good luck anyway.

Thanks for the support. I have no idea about the "scene" lol. I guess I am hoping to very discreetly meet a fun, good-looking, patient guy who I can try these fantasies out with and see if I like it. I get along great with other guys but I don't know about in a relationship or sexually. I am ready to move forward and realize that I may be to cautious or worry to much about privacy but this is the point I'm at right now.

There's plenty of others that either are discreet or understand why someone would need to be discreet until they're ready. You just sort of have to try it and feel guys out. If they seem like they're a big ol' gossip, avoid telling them or showing them too much. Etc. Many different sites to try meeting people these days as well if you're worried about being seen at a club right now, just understand that some people won't want to meet without seeing a face pic first but you can e-mail that separately if you don't want it posted.