Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introducing Your Resident Flapper
Hello, I am Elfie!

I came to accept my sexuality during my junior year of college. I found out an online crush was in fact a woman and my feelings about them didn't change. She helped me realize that I was attracted to women also and it wasn't a bad thing. In fact, it was quite liberating. I felt so good afterwards. I know I had been attracted to women in the past but I buried those thoughts in my internalized homophobia. My best friend was gay, not me! Well, I was wrong.

Recently I got out of a relationship with a man. I found that I had a great deal of difficulty in being comfortable with him, especially when it came to intimacy. Our one attempt at being more intimate triggered past memories of sexual abuse, and I felt cold, aloof and wanting out of the relationship even though he didn't do anything wrong. I realized I needed healing, and so I broke up with him. I plan on doing a lot of soul searching into who I am, why I am this way, and what sort of happiness I want in my life.

I came out to my parents a few years back when I got my first long distance girl friend. They accepted it but were definitely weirded out. I don't know what would happen if I brought a girlfriend home. It would be...awkward, but I have the right to do so if it makes me happy.

That said, I don't plan on dating any time soon. Although I don't have the same anxiety with women, I don't want to rush into another relationship. My last one was rushed, and well it just wasn't a good thing.

I think I've babbled enough. Smile I believe I was a Flapper in a past life (I have the memories) and love dressing up as one from time-to-time.

~ Elfie

G Day Elfie and welcome to Gayspeak.

Glad you are finding yourself and think its a great idea to take the time to heal before dating again Wink

dfiant Wrote:G Day Elfie and welcome to Gayspeak.

Glad you are finding yourself and think its a great idea to take the time to heal before dating again Wink

Thank you for the warm welcome. Smile

These past few weeks I was in an upheaval over what define my sexuality, now I realize labels don't really matter. I prefer women, but like men and I'm cool with that.

Believe me, the healing is a long time coming. The abuse happened when I was 17. I'm 26 now. So I have a lot of work to do, but its helping and that's what matters.

Hi Elfie and welcome to the boards.

Medic Wrote:Hi Elfie and welcome to the boards.

You live in Upstate NY too? Way cool!

Hello and welcome Elfie.Wavey
Welcome

Welcome! Wavey

Hi Elfie and welcome! Smile

Hi Elfie Wavey

Your name is so cute Loveya .

Your mind sounds very interesting... I think your colour is Jade.

Most people I come across, I give them a colour, usually based on their personalities[Like Nicky - the one above me - is Violet]. :biggrin: I usually don't tell them, but here you go Confusedmile: .

Welcome to Gayspeak! I'm glad you're on the mend Imu2

hi and hope u enjoy your time on GS, nice to have your acquaintance