Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introducing me - Vigilias
Hi folks, I'm Vigilias but you can call me Vig.

I came to Earth in an egg and I live in a post-industrial backwater by the name of St Helens in Merseyside which is about 12 miles from Liverpool, as the crow flies... although the train is a much more comfortable form of transport. The main religion in these parts is St Helens (Saints) Rugby League.

I joined this site after coming across an email from Marshlander du Marsh that had been sitting in one of my folders for about 2 years. We both used to contribute to the gay.com forums before they all went crap-shaped. They probably blamed me for that, along with the Schism from the catholic church, two World wars and the fact that dishes are generally circular whilst sinks are square.

I have been described as a biological database of matters legal, and health and a few other things it wouldn't be appropriate to go in to in this, my "maiden speech".

I have a wealth of experience gained from the voluntary sector to observations of the calamities of others. I have three and a half (long story) relationships to draw on as well as my time spent as a salaried advisor for the UK Dept of Healt National Help Lines. There I gave advice and information to callers on issues surrounding HIV/AIDS/General Sexual Health, Drug Misuse and Alcohol abuse.

I have been an active member of the Merseyside Lesbian and Gay Community Forum (Police Liaison Working Group) and one of these days I might even attend a meeting! It was a policeman who told me what Dogging was - I was shocked, but not as shocked as I was last week when I learned what Roman Showers were. It just goes to show, I haven't heard everything - yet.

I hope you'll find my contributions helpful. I believe in experience being the best teacher. If you want to go and jam your finger in the socket I'll simply advise that it's not a good idea but far be it for me to deny you the experience, but you'll find I was right, or pretty much there abouts.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have work to do.

If anybody needs me, I'll be in my bucket!

Hey Vig! You have a unique username. I like that! That's one great intro and I like reading intro posts like that. The more you put in there, the more people will know. Good stuff! I hope you're active on this forum. You seem like a highly intelligent Englishman and I hope to read some more stuff by you.

Hello and welcome! :]]

Hi Vig,

Welcome to GS. As well as not denying me experience, I hope you won't deny me an argument now and again either.

Now that I come to think of it I think there us a lot to be said for Rugby as a religion. Violence is strictly limited in degree and to it's allotted time and place. It seems to be getting more tolerant e.g. Gareth Thomas. The balls are the correct shape ;o).
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Hi and Welcome :-)

VIG!!

Now this has really made my day. How are you? I am so pleased you have found this place. Strangely I saw Pirate yesterday as he walked right past me, but he didn't see me and I lost him in the crowd.

Welcome, my friend. I hope you enjoy it here.

xx

Hi and welcome to GS.

Welcome Vig

So you came to earth in an egg eh…..that’s fine just behave yourself or I’ll call Will Smith to bust your ass.

P.S I never really got that “as the crow flies” saying.

TimmyThink Wrote:...P.S I never really got that “as the crow flies” saying.
It just means "in a straight line". Which is different from a route on the surface where roads bend and add distance.

"I have been described as a biological database of matters legal, and health and a few other things it wouldn't be appropriate to go in to in this, my "maiden speech"... ROFLMAO!

Hello there, How the hell are you?

That was an amazing expression of self-indentification. LoL. I needed you this fine morning (it's 10:48 am here). Well considering you know our Leader (Marsh) already. You know what our site offers, so welcome, (again?). We are happy to have you. You will be a riot... I can tell!