Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introducing myself
Hey there. I'm excited about finding this forum and thought a personal introduction may be in order. I've lived the majority of my life in the southern-most region of Rural Kentucky. And what would life for a gay man in the Bible Belt be like without having a fundamentalist preacher for a father? Wink So, in order to make a long story short, I feel as though I wasted many years polorized by my internal struggles, social anxieties and personal demons.

On a good note, I came out of the closet 20 years ago, and I've since marched in numerous gay pride parades, frequented gay bars and have survived more than my share of tragic same-sex relationships. I also returned to college at the age of 33 in order to earn my B.A. in English, which makes an elegant wall decoration and a stimulating conversation piece. But, alas, I currently work a mind-numbing job in a warehouse like everyone else in this area.

Despite a few rough years in the beginning, I now have a wonderful, open relationship with my family and friends, and I'm able to be out of the closet at work. I've also been blessed with the most excentric brother and sister-in-law on the planet and two wonderful nieces who make me strive to be a better person. And last but certainly not least, I am lucky to have a 27-year-old, African American roommate/ex-lover who persists on me opening my mind to new ideas and at least attempting to keep with the times.

I look forward to getting to know all of you, and to engaging in hours of stimulating conversations.

Peace, Love and Tolerance,

The Antagonist

Hello and welcome! Nice introduction, you sound like a fine person! :]

Hi and Welcome :-)

WoW, what a nice self introducing and I hope to read much more from and about you.

fen

Hi and welcome to GS.

Hello and welcome. Looking forward to getting to know you Smile

Hello and Welcome to GaySpeak, Antagonist... You will be a wonderful addition to our quirky yet sedate crowd of members... Peace be with you too... Settle in.

Welcome to the forums Big Grin