Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introvert with my eyes on someone
I'm currently living on campus at my university, and I've had a few boyfriends before, but all of them were met online. Now, there is a guy, who I'm assuming is also a student at the university, working at the Papa Johns pizza at our university. I really want to go up and talk to him, and while standing in line for Subway, right next to the Papa Johns, I would like to think, rather I'm almost certain that I've caught his gaze multiple times. Although I do not necessarily have the best sense of gaydar, I am ninety percent certain that he is gay, just by his mannerisms, and the way he looked at me when I caught his gaze. Problem is I am a total introvert, and I never initiate conversation. I have a close circle of friends, and all of them initiated conversation with me first. Whenever I go out of the dorm, for classes or whatever, I've got headphones in, headphones which I paid a premium for specifically to block out the noise of other people. Another problem is that he usually is not the one taking orders, so even if I go and order a pizza, I cannot really go and make small talk with him. I have not ever seen him around campus, but I have somewhat of an idea when he gets off of work. I really do not know how I should go about this, and would be appreciative of any advice which anyone has to offer. Thanks,
--Michael

Maybe one of your less introverted friends could go order a pizza with you and they could yell back to him and ask his name or try to spark up conversation? Or maybe you have a mutual friend somewhere out there?

Other than to tell you to be less introverted, which you already know, these are the only suggestions I have.

Good luck!

I really have no other gay friends who could help me with that, and the few close friends I have doubtful have any connection to him. Everyone else I know I consider as acquaintances, and unless it is something school related, I tend not to talk with them that much.

It doesn't have to be a gay friend, maybe you have a female friend who is outspoken and can at least get a brief chat started between the three of you?

I do not have any girl friends either. I have quite literally three people who I consider close friends. One of whom I trust completely.

Hmm... It might be seems stalking but what about waiting for him after he finish his job.

I dont mean to wait exactly at the door but you could check the time table of the store and by the time that he leaves "accidentaly" you will walk to the same direction and maybe you could say something like "hey, you are are working at Papa Johns Pizza, right?" Or something like that...

Perhaps start with a simple smile or wave the next time you catch him gazing at you? :3

It might also give you a better understanding of his feelings, depending on his reaction.

I like to say I'm terrible at social interaction, even simple smiles or waves, but I suppose I'll need to suck it up at some point and try that.

You will be surprised at what a smile can do.
Good luck with it sweetie.

aah i had this happen to me before...

tricky, tricky.

its hard when you know the other person is working and you don't want to abuse that.

eye contact and smiling is a very good start.

if he plays along you could try to slip a napkin with your phone number on it to him.

call me.