Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introvert with my eyes on someone
Omg, screw that. Papa johns is all about quality. Order a pizza made by him. act all satisfied and happy. The go to the cashier and say that was the best pizza you've had in a long time, then ask the cashier the name of his co worker. Then when you get the name yell past the manager and go. "Hey (insert name here) You made a delicious pizza! I'll I'll tell your manager to give you a pay raise! Then smile and wave. Thank them both for their time and leave without another word. You'll be a customer who says in his mind because you called him out and he's probably not very social on his shift so he'll remember you. Then next time order another pizza and write out a cute note to him with like a dollar in it and tell the cashier to give that to (insert name here) immediately. if he gives you a hard time demand that it is none of his business and if he doesnt deliver it you'll send a note to the manager. Problem solved. Get it? Got it? Good!

I feel your pain. so... 1) does he also deliver pizza (probably not), so 2) Order a pizza from him and when he rings it up just say, "Keep the change" You will be surprised that after a few pizza's HE will be the one starting the conversation and you will be off the hook. (Been there, done that) (ummmm. still do it because it works...will, it did for the Starbucks guy...and the Deli guy... and the minimarket guy... and the service station guy)... (((SHUTTING UP NOW!)))

ManicLewis, that is quite literally the best idea I've yet heard Big Grin It made me break out in laughter while reading, just because of the way you worded it. You've just made my day. I'll have to give it a try.

Jimbopdxus, the way the food court at our university is set up we don't actually pay at the specific we order our food from, we pay at separate cash registers, so that is not exactly a viable option. But I will keep it in mind for other possible situations in life.

Southpaw Wrote:ManicLewis, that is quite literally the best idea I've yet heard Big Grin It made me break out in laughter while reading, just because of the way you worded it. You've just made my day. I'll have to give it a try.

Jimbopdxus, the way the food court at our university is set up we don't actually pay at the specific we order our food from, we pay at separate cash registers, so that is not exactly a viable option. But I will keep it in mind for other possible situations in life.

Be loud and free. these people have no idea you're an introvert. they have no prior knowledge of who you are or how quiet you are. take this oppurtunity to loosen up your personality and socialize with them! talk about pizza quality or ask how they make the pizza. Small talk about the actual work enviroment give them reason to talk to you and makes them feel comfortable about talking about it because they work there and know what they are doing. just act all interested and amazed. and then throw in the casual, " Seems tedious! That must be a alot of pressure when there are alot of orders." It gives him room to brag and feel a little proud. Then you can throw in a little flirting such as "Omg you make good pizza and know how to keep a clear mind! I need someone like you in my life" Instant give away! Then before he can even reply just look at the time and go " Crap! I've gotta go! Nice talking to you! see you (insert day here/time here)" that way when you show up he'll probably smile and nod or greet you somehow. thus a subtle friendship is born and instant access to REAL small talk is born. and thats where you use creativity!

That's good advice, and again something I've never heard nor could have thought of on my own. Thanks Smile Also would like to point out creativity is not a strong suit of mine, I'm an engineer Tongue