Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intrusive or Helpful
Well, its a perplexing question to say the least. I'm had no problems filling out everything truthfully, but I wonder what some of the other employees thought... to have there sexual, religious and ethnic identies proded. Where does insight end and spying begin?
It will be interesting to see if anything develops at work because of this.

XRIMO Wrote:Well, its a perplexing question to say the least. I'm had no problems filling out everything truthfully, but I wonder what some of the other employees thought... to have there sexual, religious and ethnic identies proded. Where does insight end and spying begin?

What like different toilets for transgender and homosexuals lmao????

Or different colour stars for every one to wear: I.E. pink ones for homosexuals, stars with disabled symbols on them, yellow ones for Jews, green ones for smokers, red ones people AIDS/HIV, blue ones for over wight people and so on???

No, more like hearing people rip into mangement for being too intrusive. Some of the people I work with are hot heads. I love to watch some of them rant.

XRIMO Wrote:Then he jokingly asked "Hmm, I wonder if I can be a lesbian". Since there was just the two of us, I just replied "well, you might want to reconsider the transgender question." However, if there was anyone else in the room, I would have responded differently.

Now, is it really proper for a company to compile information like that, even if it is optional and anonymous?

Sorry X, I dont understand the above bit about responding differently... I am guessing ya mean in spoken word and not on the survey...

Now if it was truly anonymous and optional then no one should be concerned with that kind of survey but... and not exactly sure how this all went down but by calling each employee into an office and giving them a form to fill out at that exact time seems a bit odd... why not put it online and ask them to fill it out anon or take it home and turn it in later???

XRIMO Wrote:...Where does insight end and spying begin?
These are prurient times. Do you really think things at work will change because they have asked which side of the street you walk?

marshlander Wrote:These are prurient times. Do you really think things at work will change because they have asked which side of the street you walk?

OMG, great new word for me: PRURIENT Xyxthumbs

ya really think humans were ever not in prurient times?

fjp999 Wrote:ya really think humans were ever not in prurient times?
Of course not Wink We just have so many ways now in which to satisfy the lust.

Its not that I think work will change, but I've already been hearing people complaining that the survey was too personal and the company doesn't have the right to ask those questions (even though as I have said it was optional and kept extremely confidention, ie- you never put your name, you seal it in a plain envelope, and put it in a box).
I guess when I started this thread, I should have asked whether anyone here would feel invaded to have personal questions asked, even though its strictly confidential and optional.

you had the choice not to participate
:confused: