Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Irish sausages ........... Racism?
LONDONER Wrote:It's unfortunate that if a joke has to be explained it loses is humour.

True. Then again the joke in question is fairly local so, that was expected.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Alto Wrote:An Irishman is in a hardware store trying to buy sausages.. because they are stupid..

One of the most popular joke scenarios in the UK begins with "there was an Englishman, A Scotsman and an Irishman" usually in a pub.. depending on who is telling the joke, one nationality fairs well and the others rather poorly... In England the punchline is usually based around the Irishman being stupid, the Scotsman being mean and the Englishman being posh or a snob (but not the butt of the joke) whereas in Scotland and Ireland the English are of course the butt of the joke. Sometimes when a fourth person is needed a Welsh person is bought on.. but not often.

BTW when I buy sausages I buy richmonds

http://almostalwaysthinking.files.wordpr...sages1.jpg

Ok! Now I get it: like Republicans here in the U.S.!
~Beau

Alto Wrote:Like Abraham Lincoln? I don't know, I don't care for American politics.

That is ironic. The views you advocate here are a staple of the far-right Christian conservatives here. You would fit right in....well, except maybe for the gay thing....ALTHOUGH, the right-wing Christians here LOVE self-hating homosexuals, so maybe...?
~Beaux

LJay Wrote:I am not sure that the Irish use the expression "bangers and mash," though I am sure that the British do. While I wold not call it racist, it does seem to insinuate some sort of sexual viewpoint to my American ear. That is probably just because I am weird. Perhaps [MENTION=11919]jimcrackcorn[/MENTION] can explain. He seems to understand these things.

We did by the way, have a hardware store here that had a sausage stand out front. The Italian sausage with onions and peppers was quite good.

I got's me lots of experience with Irish Sausages....

They are long & hard, yet not too wide,,, and easily swallowed whole!!!!!

Well,,,,,,,,, that's my perspective (big grin)...

Do it deep, or go home..
Jimerooo
We Have Elvis !!

I knew I could count on you, Jim!
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:I knew I could count on you, Jim!

I may be late to the party,,, but you can always count on me to bring the Thunderbird or MD 20 20 wine.................... <weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee>

Mad Dog,
Jimerooo
We Have Elvis !!

MD 20 20. I think that is what my ophthalmologist prescribes.
I bid NO Trump!

Beaux Wrote:That is ironic. The views you advocate here are a staple of the far-right Christian conservatives here. You would fit right in....well, except maybe for the gay thing....ALTHOUGH, the right-wing Christians here LOVE self-hating homosexuals, so maybe...?
~Beaux

The Republican Party was very different back in the days of Lincoln. It's an interesting, convoluted history, but Republicans and Democrats used to be very different. This sums it up (note, it's just a summary, the history is much more complicated, many of the comments add more):

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-that-De...sive-party

In the last few years, Republicans have been trying to rewrite history (by this I mean to include their tricks to put economic pressures on history textbook companies to leave out and even alter key points of American history) and part of that includes saying Lincoln was one of their guys. He was not. He was a Republican, but it was a very different Republican Party back then that what we have today.

LJay Wrote:MD 20 20. I think that is what my ophthalmologist prescribes.

Going blind is an ophthalmologist dream... More money in his pocket!!!!

I bet he even uses brail labels on his MD 20 20 bottles!!!!

The sneaky devil....
We Have Elvis !!