Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Age an issue?
I have recently met this boy who seems to be exactly the right person for me, and I am completely attracted to him. We initially met in the gym. He seemed to be interested in me as well, and he invited me to drink out and we chatted for about two hours. However, I am ten years old than him (he is a senior in college and I am a junior faculty, though he never attended my class), and I worry that this might be an issue. He seemed to hold out after our first chat, and I wonder if it would be because of the age (I looked younger than my actual age and he could have been misled).

I really need some advice. Thank you!

(BTW: I came to America 5 years ago, and I have no clue how American boys think.)

It isn't necessarily a cultural difference. I think maybe this young man finds you interesting, and he may want to see where this relationship is going; You can't expect everyone to fall into bed with you on a first date... Maybe you don't even want them to. Anyhow, I shouldn't worry about the age difference, in some cases it works, in others it doesn't, it really is a question of whether you can feel the difference and whether you'll let it bother you, or not. Maybe this young man doesn't care about the age difference either. Age difference isn't so uncommon in other types of relationships, so it shouldn't matter in this one, but only the two people in the relationship can say what works for them. So how do you feel about the age difference, personally? Are you bothered by it? Does it matter to you that you have (technically) a few more years' experience (but maybe not more experience in relationships)?

I would say there are more fundamental considerations if I've understood you correctly. You are a member of staff at a college where this young man is a student? If so he might not legally be jailbait, but he does have the potential to undermine your professional reputation. It sounds like there's a lot to weigh up before you even consider going there.

I don't think age matters, aslong as he makes you feel special Smile Have fun with him and see how things go for you Smile

I agree with marshlander on the aspect of "is this going to affect my profession", But It maybe not a factor. I have a significant other who is 40 years my junior, so it is possible that he is that interested, James, new mexico usa
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Personally, I think that you should not hesitate in trying to establish a close relationship with the guy. To me, age is never an issue. I don't care whether a couple had a 50 years age gap, for as long as there's love between the two of them, that should be sufficient enough to hold the relationship.

As for the profession issue, I think it would not matter especially that he was never your student in the first place. I think your age difference and profession is not the question here but rather, the fact that you might be ashamed or think of what others might view of you two. I say, just always look into the bottomline which is not what others feel, but what you feel.

You seem like a nice guy so I hope that whatever it is that's bothering you because of that issue of yours right now, i hope you'll get through with it.

My lover is 30 years my junior and we are very happy love has no age,love has no gender ,love has no limits

Thanks for all the nice suggestions!

I met him in the gym today, and chatted for a while. He seemed to be nice and warm as usual. But when I got back from work tonight, I found out that he changed his interest on facebook to women (which was not specified before).

Sigh, I find myself completely clueless of what's going on. Human feelings are just so complicated...

Way to go dude, your anonymity is still in tact. :tongue: Rolleyes

On a more serious note... Wow, isn't that something that you didn't go for him? He's a straight guy. And I know straight American boys, they can be really be hostile towards gay guys. Not all of them, but many of them.

It really depends on the person. Most older guys I meet either don't want anything to do with me or just want to see my weiner. So yeah; I've had bad experiences with trying to get past age differences. I say go for it since hes offering and seems interested in you