Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you associate Heavy Metal with Depression
overall no but I do like some

dlboy53 Wrote:overall no but I do like some

Yeah me too and I agree with your point. The harder the music gets, the less I like it.

I grew up on a diet of rock, hard rock, metal and punk through my teens years....In my 40's now I still live on a diet of rock, hard rock, metal and punk.

I am probably one of the most calm and stress free people you would ever meet, so I can emphatically say that music or movies have zero impact on mental health.

I also believe it is only bad parenting for a badly behaved child, and irresponsible parents that blame music, movies and games as a scape goat to deflect their own deficiencies as parents. You don't have to hit a child to teach them respect and discipline, yet because there are abuse laws to stop you from hitting a child....it's the governments fault that parents are so weak kneed and too stupid to find alternates to teach respect and discipline.

Sorry way off topic and hijacking your thread, but I just had a train of thought relating to Music Smile

The Australians do love their rock and some interesting points raised there dfiant.

No I associate Heavy Metal with getting an headache...!!!

InvasionInvasion

mdna Wrote:The Australians do love their rock and some interesting points raised there dfiant.

That we do, and we are some of the most laid back and happiest people in the world Smile

dfiant Wrote:That we do, and we are some of the most laid back and happiest people in the world Smile

That is certainly true from my personal experiences with Australian people.Confusedmile:

Metal, punk and rock is fell-good music to me. Big Grin Maybe excluding some particularly grim black metal.

Visiting small festivals with friends used to make me upbeat for weeks after. Unfortunately i don't like the scene in Germany at all, not as chummy, so no shows for me now. :/

Love to listen to metal because it's energetic and expressive. However, if taken too seriously it can get very depressive and lots of people do take it that way, which amazes me to no end.

dfiant Wrote:That we do, and we are some of the most laid back and happiest people in the world Smile

Well according to Science, Denmark has the happiest people in the world :biggrin:
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

I wouldn't say I associate heavy metal with depression, I associate human behaviour and an individuals state of mind with depression. I'm sure at sometime or another there have been instances where individuals have listened to heavy metal whilst depressed and have unfortunately killed themselves. Heavy metal can't just induce depression there must be something already there for them to feel depressed. Im sure there are also people who listen to pop ballads while depressed or something along them lines. Maybe it would be more eloquent and maybe more accurate to say "music can influence behaviour", I'm sure there have been studies on this before.