Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is GS deserted?
Well,no offence,but i think there are little people around here.Where are the people?
Do u have the similar feeling with me? How can we make it lively and "hot" again?

School is starting for some, and its summer, so I guess lots of users are busy or on vacation... I think during the fall and winter there will be more posts... Thats how it is with most boards anyway...

Quite true skyguyx . Gayspeak is not deserted is just a new site and not many people know yet, so feel free to invite friends. There are about 1000 members not all of them use the boards but if you stay longer you will see things going on.

There are new things coming soon that i think will give GS a boost. There is a lack of well established gay forums at least in the UK and gayspeak will fill that gap. Confusedmile: Some of the new features are discussed in this thread: http://www.gayspeak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=406

Ya, we realised and we've discussed about that a lot... Heve to admit that lately it's been slightly busier than last weeks

well im sure it'll get busier especially if people are looking for gay forums. Second on the list on google.co.uk (UK search)

Im not in the UK, I hope thats ok. (Though I would LOVE to visit) and I like it here... Im in Germany... Most gay sites in German are "Looking for sex" kind... None where you can talk about problems facing us, or talking about coming out and helping others who havnt taken that leap yet.... Im glad I found this place!

skyguyx5 Wrote:Im not in the UK, I hope thats ok. (Though I would LOVE to visit) and I like it here... Im in Germany... Most gay sites in German are "Looking for sex" kind... None where you can talk about problems facing us, or talking about coming out and helping others who havnt taken that leap yet.... Im glad I found this place!

Good point, we've also taken it into account (if you want, read tyhe debate in 'What would you like to see in GS?'), most users sign in 'looking for sex', and few of them really know what is the aim of this forum.

Quote: Originally Posted by skyguyx5 [Image: viewpost.gif]
Im not in the UK, I hope thats ok. (Though I would LOVE to visit) and I like it here... Im in Germany... Most gay sites in German are "Looking for sex" kind... None where you can talk about problems facing us, or talking about coming out and helping others who havnt taken that leap yet.... Im glad I found this place!

Everyone from everywhere is welcome here. That's the first impression that GS gives away and is correct too. Although i have admit all the threads about anal masturbation and 'am i really gay' type can be a bit ... too much for me lol

However i truly have faith that GS will become a very busy and successful site and not so far ahead. Being second at the google search like wlmuscle said is very positive. there are people joining from allover and that can develop into an international gay networking thing , more than a dating site or just a forum.

Shouldn't we try a new slogan for google (i don't know if there's one already) that reflects more what is all about? :biggrin:

There are already so many gay dating sites, maybe not enough as there are straight ones, but I think that there are forums like this one that are more around the helping of other gays that need support and advice of those whpo have gone through the coming out process, and so on.