Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is HARRY POTTER dangerous?
I have always hated the Harry Potter stories, I find them shallow and mediocre, at best.

A different question is: are these stories dangerous and evil?

According to the Vatican, they are. Several Vatican officials, such as Gabriele Amorth, are constantly warning us against these books.

The basic accusation is this: J. K. Rowling's works are not as innocent as they seem and they promote witchcraft and sorcery, especially among the young.

Here's an interesting video on the subject, a testimony by a former witch:

I'm not saying I agree with this, but this lady seems to be very articulate and well informed on the subject of witchcraft.

Anyway, this one is definitely dangerous:

[Image: SylvesterStalloneAsHarryPotter.jpg]

No offense to the vatican or anything they stand for, but they could bite my clit and here's why;

It's a movie. Simple, yes?

They tried to pull this with Avatar, tryin to say it was promoting devil worship and blah blah, I was like "eat ass and get glad hoe", cause it's just a bloody movie.

Like, I swear they're looking for things to "be the reason why" and try to blame a Sis.

Well no! i won't stand for it!

Harry Potter was and still is a Sickening movie, from which I got and get my entire gay ass, dreadlocked life and will continue to do so until I can't anymore.

The church is jealous that there are better things a gurl can do with his time now a days, so they condemn cell phones and harry potter and abortions and whatever the hell else, like a Sis needs to drop a line to her main bitch once in a while, while watching Harry Potter and not have to worry about pressures on his bladder or friggin lactating tits.

A lot of churchs are trying to change with society, but these old ass hoes are always trying to change or condemn us. So what you got a twitter? All you tweet about is god and stuff and not even in English half the time, like what the fudge?

I love Harry Potter, I grew up with Ron,Harry and Hermione...hell Hagrid and gay ass Dumbledore too and I love them hoes...even though Dumbledore was hiding secrets and mysteries in that long beard of his.

Like, my Mom and I used to go watch it every year when it came out and was our girl bonding time and I will not trade those memories for nothing, not even for Drake!

They need to stop being such hating ass hoes and eat a dick, cause it's not that serious!

Ugh... They're always oppressing people and I don't like that feeling! It's dark and heavy and I'm not here for it!

The only thing that's dangerous is some looney birds getting their panties in a bunch over the supposed devil worship and witchcraft-promotion they project into some kids' fiction books and summer popcorn flicks.

Also, if I remember right The Lord of the Rings was written by a devout Catholic and the Narnia books were written by a member of the Church of England. But that's okay because the lion was Jesus.

Miles Wrote:The only thing that's dangerous is some looney birds getting their panties in a bunch over the supposed devil worship and witchcraft-promotion they project into some kids' fiction books and summer popcorn flicks.

Also, if I remember right The Lord of the Rings was written by a devout Catholic and the Narnia books were written by a member of the Church of England. But that's okay because the lion was Jesus.

Which is ironic, cause nearly every other religion dislikes the Rastafari Religion, yet as we all know, their Symbolism of Jah (Jah Rastafari- the god) is the Lion of Judah. My avatar pic is a good example of how a Rastafari man views himself.

Like all these little exceptions and excuses are getting on my bi-racial ass nerves!

This is why I do not participate in organized religion, they're to flip-floppy.

MisterLove Wrote:I have always hated the Harry Potter stories, I find them shallow and mediocre, at best.

A different question is: are these stories dangerous and evil?

According to the Vatican,

I stoped there, lol They think that gay ppl are the devil's children lol also with witchcraft, like... anything they don't understand is from the devil...

Dam muggles.

stranger221 Wrote:Dam muggles.

Yes gurl. Friggin Squibs! Imu2 ... That's probably why they're so mad.

Oh not another ex-witch. Be they willful liars or deluded they're not to be believed.

I'll watch it later but I've seen enough of these (and have probably seen this one already) to know what BS it's going to turn out to be.

As for the Vatican, they need to worry about the beam in their own eye than the splinter in everyone else's. And they're full of crap, too, though they're usually a bit better than the "ex-witch" crowd.

In the meantime, I thought I'd share this, and I remember how many gullible people fell for this, too, including a lawyer on a library board and National Review who obviously don't fact check:

http://www.snopes.com/humor/iftrue/potter.asp

Finally, the Satanic Panic hurt a lot of innocent people, including painful sexual investigations of children by the state, and it was caused in part by "ex-witches" giving false testimony. So it's the false ex-witches as in the YT linked to that are the REAL danger!

I saw up to 6 minutes before the stupidity of it made me stop.

Do not believe that video. If it wasn't for the fact she quoted a few words from the books I wouldn't have believed she even opened one, and even now I suspect she either read those names from fundies bearing false witness or just flipped a few pages at random. In any case, the books don't teach real spells, and if it did it would be a radically different world, and wizards with powers like that could easily take over the world if they wanted (especially if they could train just anyone).

This is just plain BS. Read the books and you'll know that or even just watch the movies (remember, she references the first 4, too, before it got dark) and you'll know this is just one more Christian bearing false witness. Do not be taken in by her lies.

She is deluded or a liar.