Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is It Okay to Flirt with a Colleague?
Guys, I need advice.

A new company just rented an office on my floor. This company's office is located right beside mine. Just to let you know, my floor only has four offices (suite-like) so everyone from every company tend to bump into each other daily. I've made a lot of friends due to this.

Anyways back to the main topic.

One guy from this new company really shows his interest towards me. He seems like a nice guy. Very suave and hot. Okay, he's actually the boss of his company. Mid or late 30 I think. I felt a bit awkward when I found out his position. But I'm okay now.

My question - Is it wise to flirt and have an intimate relationship with someone who works in the same office building? Particularly on the same floor? Is it a go or a no?

I would appreciate any help or advice as I am still fresh when it comes to flirting/relationship etc. I just fully came out early this year.

YESSSSSSS, have fun.

a rule i would put up front with him, asap:
for example; if i have an argument with my partner i keep it to my self. i never never say anything negative about anyone at work but especially if i were dating them.

I don't think there's any problem with it, you don't work for him so there's no conflict of interest.

There is no harm flirting, life would be so boring without it. On the other hand, watch out for the gossips, the hushed voices while you pass work colleagues, it will all happen if people find out you and the other guy are flirting... Coffee

No problem unless they ask you to stop.

Hello,
As long as u dont and never do work for him ur be fine to flirt however if he knows who employs u then no go...

I shall go with the main flow of this. Although I would probably urge more caution were you working for the same company I don't see him as out of bounds to the same extent as he works for another. You might just consider being a little wary of doing or saying anything that might undermine him in the eyes of any of his employees though.

Man just ask yourself what is the worst that could happen. I mean hes not your boss so I would say go for it.

Yeah i dont think theres a problem with that at all. As long as it doesnt start to affect your work.

worlddone Wrote:Man just ask yourself what is the worst that could happen. I mean hes not your boss so I would say go for it.

Well, uh. The worst.

Last year I was approached by three guys. All of them work in the same office building with me. But they work on a different floor. Nice lads. What I didn't know is that they are colleagues working in the same company. Two of them happen to be best mates.

I wasn't completely out last year. I was still really 'gullible' at the time. I didn't even know how to ask a guy out or how to flirt properly. I asked one of them out in a crowded elevator with few of his mates around. *Facepalm*

As a result, I blew my chances with all of them. One found out about the other two other guys.

Two of them no longer want to speak to me. I still talk with the other one though. But nothing sexual/intimate anymore. I don't blame any of them as the fault was mine. It was a total nightmare but I learned a lot from it.

I'm wiser now and have gained a bit of experience thanks to that incident. I personally would like to give a second try. But I thought it would be better to seek advice or two from all of you before I make any kind of move.