Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is It Okay to Flirt with a Colleague?
Well I asked him out.

He was waiting for an elevator to go home. I think. Anyways he was checking his Blackberry at the moment.

I called his name, "Hey, Mr X."

"Hmm..." He looked at me.

"I'm just wondering. Are you free tomor...(Ooo , hairy chest ... nice. I thought at the time as he bared a bit of his chest). I thought maybe you would like to grab a bite together ... lunch ... tomorrow."

"I can't ... my colleagues and I are going to be super busy tomorrow."

"It's okay. Some other time then." I responded.

"Next week. Next week!" He said as he entered an elevator.

So I guess that didn't turn up so bad.

Then of course my colleague, Edmund asked for an update. I gave him a full report.

"Good. Did you get his phone number?" Edmund asked.

"Uh, no..."

"Monday is your last day, Jay. Remember, a phone number by Monday or a date with one of the security guards who've asked you out. Dinner and a movie afterward. I want photo. No, wait. No photo needed. I trust you. If you lie, you are betraying your own balls." He said.

"Okay."

Edmund then reminds me that he's doing all these for my own good. He's training me to become more confident and aggressive towards guys.

I think it's kind of amusing to see all of my straight friends and colleagues giving their 100% efforts to train me to be a super effective gay guy. I love them all.

Nice! It's so cute that your friends are pushing you Big Grin
What's wrong with the security guards? Why not take them up on their offer?

BinarySurfer Wrote:Nice! It's so cute that your friends are pushing you Big Grin

Yeah, I'm lucky.

Edmund once advised me to drop a pen and bend sexually in front of other gay guys. He even showed it to me how to do it. "Straight guys love being teased. I'm sure gay guys too. So be a teaser."

I laughed hysterically when he showed to me how to drop a pen and bend.

He also insisted me to meet all of his other gay friends.

Vincent, another colleague of mine always remind me not to walk with him alone. "I don't want other gay guys think we are couple. It lowers your chances to be flirted by other gay guys." But of course we don't listen to his advice since both of us are very good friends.

Yesterday Vincent knotted a ribbon and asked me to hang it around my belt so other gay guys can identify me as a gay guy. I refused. "Vincent, that is so ... gay!".

"Well you are gay!" He exclaimed. We both laughed.

BinarySurfer Wrote:What's wrong with the security guards? Why not take them up on their offer?

Don't take it wrong. I'm friendly to all the janitors and the security guards. I always buy and treat them with donuts, cakes and stuff frequently.

The thing is all of our security guards are not citizen of Malaysia. They are migrant workers from Nepal. The security company who hired these guards will replace each one of them in every 3 months.

Secondly, I have no romantic attraction to any of the guards. I don't mind taking them out for casual lunch. It's not a big deal. But a date, nay. I only see them as friends.

LOL, Not gonna ask why you'd accept such a dare. BUTTTT (and thats a big but- like the one on *insert famous celeb name here*) I think it could help you gather some much need confidence? i suppose- as you kinda can always back out and say it was a dare (but i'd only do it if edmund is trustworthy and would bail you out by saying he made you do it.) if things go well though- you might just come out with the better hand! go for it only if you trust your collegue, but thats just my sorry excuse for an opinion lol.Cool

Well done Jay!
I knew you could do it.
One task down , one to go.
Can you perhaps get his number tomorrow?

ManicLewis21 Wrote:LOL, Not gonna ask why you'd accept such a dare. BUTTTT (and thats a big but- like the one on *insert famous celeb name here*) I think it could help you gather some much need confidence? i suppose- as you kinda can always back out and say it was a dare (but i'd only do it if edmund is trustworthy and would bail you out by saying he made you do it.) if things go well though- you might just come out with the better hand! go for it only if you trust your collegue, but thats just my sorry excuse for an opinion lol.Cool

Lewis, well I like this guy. I don't know to what extent though. His company was originally located in the 8th floor. I saw him few times before and I was impressed with the way he carries himself. Besides I have a thing for guys with clean cut short hair and also bald guys. He's bald. Yum.

Usually I tend to freeze and act all wooden when I'm around guys that I like. But I wasn't with him. I felt comfortable to talk to him.

Yeah, I do think it's crazy to accept the dare. But I think it was necessary for me to accept Edmund's dare.

Edmund once pointed out to me, "Jay, there two types of people in this world. An achiever and a daydreamer. An achiever is someone who gets up and get the things that he want. A dreamer is a loser who keeps daydreaming to have something but he's either too lazy or too scared to get it. Which one are you?"

Rainbowmum Wrote:Well done Jay!
I knew you could do it.
One task down , one to go.
Can you perhaps get his number tomorrow?

Thanks RM!

Silly question, how can I ask him for his number? Should I just go, "Hey Mr X, can I have your phone number?"

I'll try to get his number today. Wish me luck!

Perhaps you can approach him with your number first.

"Hi again , btw here is my number in case you find a nice place to have lunch."

That shouild prompt him to exchange numbers with you.

Stay confident and calm , you can do this. Confusedmile:

Quote:Perhaps you can approach him with your number first.

"Hi again , btw here is my number in case you find a nice place to have lunch."

That shouild prompt him to exchange numbers with you.

Stay confident and calm , you can do this

He wasn't kidding when he said he was going to be busy today. I didn't even see his shadow.

So I guess I'll have to wait for Monday.

Yes, I can do this! Thanks RM!

Soooo, what happened?

Well I got his phone number.

But I slowly lost my optimism. Yeah, he didn't decline and he did say he would love to have lunch with me.

The reason why I kind of lost my optimism was because it's kind of difficult to set lunch with him as he frequently flies out to manage his other branch in Hong Kong. When he was around, I was not free. When I was free, he was not around. You get the drill. Yeah, okay I have his number and I can set our lunch via a phone call. But I don't know, goodness, I just lost my optimism.

Second reason probably ridiculous. He called me bro nowadays and I can't help to feel awkward due to it. Maybe that's just the way he communicate with me to ease the age gap. I just found out that he's around 42. I don't have problem with his age. Just the 'bro' thing that makes me queasy.

Although my optimism has sunken, I haven't lost my interest towards him. I still have interest. I'm just going to take this nice and slow.

There you go, my ridiculous excuses. Somebody slap me or something.