Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is There an Afterlife?
Well man we are all stardust and one day the atoms and electrons that compose us will be scattered back out into the cosmos from whence they came.
And who knows the atoms in your hand right now may trillions of years from now form the hand of an alien.

And I think that's about the closest thing to an afterlife we're likely to see.

TigerLover Wrote:Well man we are all stardust and one day the atoms and electrons that compose us will be scattered back out into the cosmos from whence they came.
And who knows the atoms in your hand right now may trillions of years from now form the hand of an alien.

And I think that's about the closest thing to an afterlife we're likely to see.

Dat truth!

Due to a misdiagnosis, I had a surgery when I was 19 years old that resulted in me "dying" for a couple of minutes (and some nasty scars that left me deeply insecure with my body...but that's another story..). ANYWAY... when I woke up, everyone was like, "What did you see?" and I was like, "Nothing.". Which was apparently a big disappointment for my family, because my Dad's Priest had apparently been getting them ginned up in anticipation of my return from the dead...

If we continue, I believe that we do so in more of an abstract way, as a part of the universe, rather than as a continued representation of ourselves.

~Beaux

Beaux Wrote:Due to a misdiagnosis, I had a surgery when I was 19 years old that resulted in me "dying" for a couple of minutes (and some nasty scars that left me deeply insecure with my body...but that's another story..). ANYWAY... when I woke up, everyone was like, "What did you see?" and I was like, "Nothing.". Which was apparently a big disappointment for my family, because my Dad's Priest had apparently been getting them ginned up in anticipation of my return from the dead...

If we continue, I believe that we do so in more of an abstract way, as a part of the universe, rather than as a continued representation of ourselves.

~Beaux
I think the reports of people seeing light, Angels, dead relatives, etc are simply due to a lack of oxygen to the brain. Once the brain gets too starved of oxygen it'll do all sorts of crazy things, I saw this with my grandfather when he had a pulmonary embolism.

1and1 Wrote:Asking a question like that is not really providing an argument.

It's rhetorical...

I believe in reincarnation.

The concept of an afterlife always bugged me. If you continue on after death, then did life ever really end in the first place? Thus making it not truly and afterlife, but a change in life.

It surprises me how so many people wonder about an "afterlife".

I have always wondered if people had never been indoctrinated by religion, would today's society take the logical approach and realize that death is permanent and there is no hereafter. However,,, humans have a strong desire to survive, and it would seem that not even death is enough to stop us from wanting to continue our existence past that point.

Humans just can't accept death and the finality of it. We even hope our dearly departed loved ones are watching over us and waiting for us to join them in the happy thereafter. Religion had to be created by humans in order to explain the unknown, and feed our desire for eternal life.

I wish there was life after death too,,, I'd like to be young again also,,,, but,,, in my pragmatic opinion,,, we and all the other creatures on this planet will die - and that is the end of our existence..

I don't wish to discredit anyone's religious beliefs, merely giving my opinion on the topic.

Respectfully,
Jim
We Have Elvis !!

I don't believe in ultimate death.
Yeah, on the physical dimension, our existence, our person comes to an end, but I believe that our souls are eternal and will probably move into a new body, maybe on another planet, maybe not human, etc.

Btw I'm not religious.

No. When im dead im just rotting and all the thing that made me is gone...