Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is There an Afterlife?
energy stops?

universe is expanding all the time and finally everyhing is stopping...

The energy i have in my body on every cells and bound between atoms forming bonds is released but something else is getting it.. Whether it is a cockroach having a nice meal or some heat formed by rotting, but no intelligence saved... It is all gone.

"Surely God would not have created such a being as man, with an ability to grasp the infinite, to exist only for a day! No, no, man was made for immortality." - Abraham Lincoln

mrex Wrote:universe is expanding all the time and finally everyhing is stopping...

The energy i have in my body on every cells and bound between atoms forming bonds is released but something else is getting it.. Whether it is a cockroach having a nice meal or some heat formed by rotting, but no intelligence saved... It is all gone.

Your profile image was created by a void in the universe right?

No it is just some bytes related to each other.. Zeros and ones... But in some point there is a perfect entrophy and even hell is frozen.

I'll believe it when I see it. Or at least proof of it.

East Wrote:..I don't know about "afterlife"...but I do think you have another life....same soul....different body...

Ooh! I hope I come back as a cat! It'd be great if when I'm done with my life of work, study, and sleepless nights, I could be reincarnated as a fluffy kitty cat who does nothing but sleep all day.

I personally believe there is. However, I don't spend my life waiting for that time to occur. Otherwise, you never really live in this life.

i think an expert on the subject would be a dead person but good luck on trying to communicate with a dead person.

I think for one it is an interesting topic. I think the biggest mystery and probably the biggest piece of the puzzle on whether there is an afterlife or not is consciousness. We all are self-aware and we know we're conscious, but we don't fully understand what it really is. As if we were explaining what the color red is to someone who is blind. I also think about other living creatures, who's to say they don't have an afterlife or reincarnate after death. Take my cat for instance, I have to pretty well assume he is conscious, while he may not have the ability to look into a mirror and go oh that's me, but I can say no other cat acts like him, there is definitely a personality and intelligence present.

So as far as living creatures I think for the most part they're one in the same. Not saying they are the same, there's a wide array of things different animals can do on a cognitive level. Only a handful of species, dolphins, orcas, and elephants besides humans can look into a mirror and realize it is a reflection and I think self-actualization is pretty important for intelligence for a species. I don't believe we would be having this discussion without it.

When it comes to death. I'd like to think there is something that happens and that it doesn't all go dark and end, but there isn't good enough information to prove one way or the other. In fact science seems to suggest there isn't anything beyond death, however I think we have a lot to learn yet about the mind and consciousness. All in all I do think at the very least there is some form of reincarnation if not some kind of afterlife.

I feel similarly about religion and the subject of God. Science doesn't seem to be in favor for the existence of God depending on who you ask. However I think when you look at the universe and everything that is in it I can't hardly be convinced that there isn't some creator of some sort.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

We don't know how we got here, more so how we'd make it out.