Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is There an Afterlife?
Well that's what is to fascinating. I think it of it like winning the lottery but the odds are about 1 trillion times less likely to win. That is what makes being here this special and supports my reasoning behind believing in things like a creator or an afterlife.

I like discussing things that I'm often told not to bring up. The only thing that gets on my nerves are people that don't think, the kind of person that is totally fine with the Earth being flat or that we're in the center of the universe. I don't have a problem with hearing different ideas.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

it would be nice to think there is something but I doubt its a place where there could be interactions with your past life, a dear friend of mine died a few years ago and if anyone could give a message or just simply haunt his friends he would have done it by now as he was that type of guy Smile , maybe its just a fear of death that makes us clutch at straws for something like the afterlife

That could well be true. It might be nothing, we might just be "well organized" particles that make up who we are and that's it. Then again it might be equally difficult or impossible as it is for us to make contact. That part is speculation and a difficult field to study since the scientific community find it to be bogus anyway. There might be a way to prove or disprove an afterlife but we may never find out for sure.

However, despite all that I get the feeling the way technology is going and our knowledge in general we may be able to find out possibly.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

The after-life is just a notion, a representative of people's hopes to take a hold of life forever.

I think the big question is what happens after death, if anything at all. There has been some research on near death experiences and some information about what goes on in the brain but that's about where it ends. Some say it is to make death more comforting, but a good portion of near death experiences are not pleasant. So unless there's some other purpose for this happening to some I think there might be more to it...but there could very well not be, that's what makes it such an interesting mystery.
Check out my stuff!

my own personal experience is that there is

what it is is way over my head. I was in a coma for 3 days this past April and went through some experiences

I don't believe that the consciousness, the soul, dies with the body. I came back. I don't really talk about it because people would think I was nuts.

but it made sense to me. I ain't done here yet, for whatever reason

I think it's a very individual thing how it manifests, but there is a central logic to the universe that we can be Atheistic or Agnostic or, whatever belief system brings us to in our own minds.

But I don't think the Universe really gives a flying f*** whether we believe in or not. It is what it is, whether or not we believe it...

If there is a God, or Goddess/Gaia, this entity obviously did not want a bunch or robots. He or She created us to think independently for ourselves, or we wouldn't be having this conversation

When someone makes a positive statement THEY have the burden of proof.

strider65 Wrote:my own personal experience is that there is

what it is is way over my head. I was in a coma for 3 days this past April and went through some experiences

I don't believe that the consciousness, the soul, dies with the body. I came back. I don't really talk about it because people would think I was nuts.

but it made sense to me. I ain't done here yet, for whatever reason

I'm very curious. It's not every day you meet someone who has experienced anything close to that. At any rate glad you came back, I honestly find the thought of death quite scary simply because of the unknown. Not too many people really know what happens once your cross the threshold. I think finding comfort in the subject of death is important to learning to live life the fullest.

I definitely agree that we're given this life for some reason, even if it is simply for the experience. That's something else about reincarnation that makes sense. We all have different strengths and weaknesses and some of us struggle and fail at certain things, it makes sense to come back to revisit the things you did wrong. Which is why I like Karma, had a good discussion about it with someone who was an atheist.

I'm not an atheist but I don't mind them as long as they're intelligent, not the I hate organized religion with a passion and so on...
Check out my stuff!

Religion is arguably the only source of information regarding the afterlife. I mean, that's where the idea spreads from, even from way back during the Egyptian era, religion has always played a part in perpetuating the afterlife. Putting Religion aside, any thought of the afterlife is left skeptical, at best. Looking at the web of life and scientifically how everything has developed, there's more evidence pointing and screaming in the direction of, "No, the afterlife does not exist". However, on the opposite side of that coin, you can look at CERN who's doing major research on the other dimensions. Some researchers are even claiming that, theoretically, there are higher, lower, and side to side and infinite number of universes. Now, CERN, as science-y and technologically advanced as they are, have a religious basis to their research: Lokas and Talas (which comes from esoteric studies from the Hindu faith). I'm not getting into that, because that... is a mutli-threadable topic. Anyways, CERN is trying to PROVE there's other dimensions out there, and if they can, then you'll have, yet, another piece to your inevitably broken puzzle.