Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is a goldstar lesbian a lesbian that didn't have penis in vagina sex ?
We were talking about what makes a gold-star lesbian ,and one of the girls asked if your still a gold start if you did oral sex with a guy and the other girls said yes and it's only if you had penetrated sex with a guy that your not a old star . I found this offense because it's like saying only penetration sex with a guy is real sex ,and oral sex between women don't count as sex .
So can a lesbian be a gold star if she only gave a guy oral sex ?Catmilk

Oral sex is still sex. IMO, of course.

Not in the way I see it. Sex is sex.

What they're using is old ancient standards from when women were property (as in her father could marry her off to form political and business alliances) in a patriarchal society and thus vaginal virginity was of supreme importance, otherwise her value (and possibly even her "marketability") went way down. Today it seems mostly used by those who want to have sex but at the same time feel morally superior to other females having sex. I went to a school where a girl could suck off a guy every day of the week and not be considered a slut but intercourse even once with someone she's been with for a year could ruin her rep (it's more complicated than that, but it was a factor).

I also read a public confession of a woman who said as a Christian girl she had every kind of sex but vaginal, and she had it often and casually, but still felt entitled and even obligated to tear down other girls who had vaginal sex (even if it's with her true love) for being sluts who probably had abortions. Once she stopped being a fundie Christian she outgrew that.

Not sure why anyone else would use such an archaic definition unless being a "gold star" is so important to her for some reason.

Honestly, what's the point in having a gold star? If a person is sexually curious, then that person is entitled to try something out (once or a few times). Sometimes a person will be forced into having sex in a way that doesn't appeal to them ultimately, but though it may make them lose some form of virginity in the matter, does it mean that they are not the thoroughbred they think they are?
Whatever next ?

I agree with Pix here. Grow up!

... and, Melody, it's just another label... We've pointed time and time again that a label is only for the one who uses it for himself or herself to choose, and even then, is it useful?

Pix Wrote:..., otherwise her value (and possibly even her "marketability") went way down. ...
... which is in fact rather silly, because when women were valued it was for being fertile mostly. So a young girl could end up being barren and then repudiated for not being able to have children. Just another power thing. Annoying.

I strive to make everything about me, so let's do that. What kind of star do I get to have, as a gay man, as I have never had any kind of sex with a woman? Does that make me a brown star gay?

On a serious note, I guess I can understand why never being penetrated by a man, makes you a gold star lesbian - you've just always known and felt no desire to even try it, with a man. If we follow the idea of sexuality being in shades (this had some name attached to it), where you can be 100% gay, 100% straight or anywhere in between, being less than 100% gay leaves some room for curiousity and trying stuff out, which could explain why you lose your gold star.
Just discussing for the sake of discussing, I actually think it's silly and belittling to those who experimented.

Melody Wrote:We were talking about what makes a gold-star lesbian ,and one of the girls asked if your still a gold start if you did oral sex with a guy and the other girls said yes and it's only if you had penetrated sex with a guy that your not a old star . I found this offense because it's like saying only penetration sex with a guy is real sex ,and oral sex between women don't count as sex .
So can a lesbian be a gold star if she only gave a guy oral sex ?Catmilk

I call a gay or lesbian who has never had sex with the opposite gender '7-up' Never had it, never will.

[Image: Rottenecards_6522691_n588kwb44t.png]

I include such things as oral sex as being the thing that taints the lemony/limey purity of 7-up, making the person a not so-much un-cola. :tongue:

Well I guess this makes me a goldstar or 7-up gay. Never been with a woman and no plans to. I have had 7-up before.

Who makes up this stuff? Whaddabunchohooey!
I bid NO Trump!