Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is baker a handsome-salary job?
Hi guys, I have been wondering this lately, and hope you guys who was in the same position can help me out with this.
In fact, it is not a big deal, it is just I want to make preparation for down the road, I myself do not have any special skill and now commodity

price is raising like crazy, and I intent to learn something new and something can earn more money. I have a little interest in baking and

making sweet, so what I am wondering are : is it easy to get a job relate to baking or sweet in Canada? and in fact I have no experience,

what I can make is pancake, is there gonna be a chance that I can be an apprentice ? And of course the most important thing is about the

salary.
Thank you in advance, and please excuse me if I ever used any inappropriate word. Smile

If salary is the most important thing to you then you are most likely getting into baking for the wrong reason.

While there are a few well known bakers, and a few that can turn a very tidy profit, the majority end up working for someone else and don't make a very large salary.

I doubt there are many apprenticeships in baking. Schools yes, I suspect that like becoming a chef there is a bit of schooling that takes place before you are going to get an apprenticeship.

http://www.simplyhired.ca/a/jobs/list/q-...apprentice may shed some light on the current openings and give you a general idea of what you will be doing.

http://www.ontario.ca/en/faq/qanda/000620.html might come in handy as well.

Hi Steven,
I understand what you are looking for and why.

Just consider that having a good salary means you need to be good at the job. And being good at the job you don't like is hard.