Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is chocolate good for you? The pros and cons
I'm one of those utter freaks who actually like white chocolate. (And yes, I know - it's not chocolate.)

Lex

LONDONER Wrote:Wow! 98. That's below the maximum recommended. I don't keep a journal but recently, cutting out a lot of carbohydrate, even my staple brown rice, have gone down from 201 to 129 and thought I was doing pretty well.

Oh yeah..carbs are deadly for my diabetes.

One trick I have..when I do pasta, for instance, I do strict portion control...what fits into my fist is what I eat...and it isn't too bad. I try to avoid the corn and potatoes and bread and rice though...my numbers go up...and besides...that is what they feed pigs to fatten them up LOL

I have actually been trying hard to reverse my diabetes. My numbers fluctuate between 92-130 now. What I have done is try to lose most of my excess weight....getting close to my goal...I take it off slowly on purpose so it stays off versus a diet that pretty much insures you will gain it all back when you go off the diet...and I also exercise and work out at the gym alot. That is what makes the difference I think. I always try to set these goals for myself....last night I went for 16.04 miles and 607 calories burned on the bike...in 65 minutes at level 5. That was my new record at that level at that time. It helps lower the numbers ALOT....

I also take cinnamon every day...

East Wrote:Oh yeah..carbs are deadly for my diabetes.

One trick I have..when I do pasta, for instance, I do strict portion control...what fits into my fist is what I eat...and it isn't too bad. I try to avoid the corn and potatoes and bread and rice though...my numbers go up...and besides...that is what they feed pigs to fatten them up LOL

I have actually been trying hard to reverse my diabetes. My numbers fluctuate between 92-130 now. What I have done is try to lose most of my excess weight....getting close to my goal...I take it off slowly on purpose so it stays off versus a diet that pretty much insures you will gain it all back when you go off the diet...and I also exercise and work out at the gym alot. That is what makes the difference I think. I always try to set these goals for myself....last night I went for 16.04 miles and 607 calories burned on the bike...in 65 minutes at level 5. That was my new record at that level at that time. It helps lower the numbers ALOT....

I also take cinnamon every day...

Interesting. There was a study at Manchester University in the UK about three years ago that proved that putting people on a three month diet of only 500 calories a day would actually reverse Type 2 diabetes. I can't work out how many calories I am intaking at the moment but cutting out the brown rice must have reduced my calorie intake must have been reduced since there can't be that many calories in just vegetables. I'm not sure that that I could survive on just 500 calories a day though. As things are going at the moment I usually go to bed still with hunger pangs.

I do exercise on a daily basis.

I have tried various alternative remedies that other people have sworn by; cider vinegar, fenugreek, coconut oil, and they have no effect on me. What is cinnamon supposed to do?
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:Interesting. There was a study at Manchester University in the UK about three years ago that proved that putting people on a three month diet of only 500 calories a day would actually reverse Type 2 diabetes. I can't work out how many calories I am intaking at the moment but cutting out the brown rice must have reduced my calorie intake must have been reduced since there can't be that many calories in just vegetables. I'm not sure that that I could survive on just 500 calories a day though. As things are going at the moment I usually go to bed still with hunger pangs.

I do exercise on a daily basis.

I have tried various alternative remedies that other people have sworn by; cider vinegar, fenugreek, coconut oil, and they have no effect on me. What is cinnamon supposed to do?

Cinnamon...well..I kept a good journal because they told me that different individuals react differently so we each need to figure out what makes our numbers go up/down and I found that cinnamon will reduce my numbers on an average of 10 points ...so I have taken it daily since I concluded this. I just take a capsule now daily but I also try to use it in/on as many other things as possible...good thing because I do love cinnamon anyway...

I think I got the info from EarthClinic.com or some other similar source way back when...

Google cinnamon/diabetes...I am fairly certain it will yield some results

I don't care if it's good for me or not...I'm eating it, anyway. Life is short.

East Wrote:...I swirl my tongue around it and lick it...gently...

Sometimes I suck a little bit harder...but I never use my teeth...

:eek:

[Image: fed7ebe7384d5ceb651068f4ff23acb1.jpg]

East, how much of a dose of cinnamon did you start with and how long was it before you noticed a difference in numbers? Also, does it react with any drugs?
I bid NO Trump!

LJay Wrote:East, how much of a dose of cinnamon did you start with and how long was it before you noticed a difference in numbers? Also, does it react with any drugs?

I take the 500 mg capsules and I also use cinnamon on some foods where I can...I think initially I noticed in about two weeks and then I had to see what it was like without it to make sure....

I take metformin, plavix, losartin and flomax and it doesn't interact with any of those drugs...

Let me see about the interactions...BRB...

...OK...it says that it interacts with drugs you take for liver problems...not sure what those drugs are.

Also...some reports are inconclusive and some say it works to lower blood sugar levels and also lower cholesterol so I would test it out. It worked for me....and though 10 points doesn't seem like that much..it is HUGE when you are trying to get your numbers down