Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is drawing something you can learn?
Drawing is a skill that you can learn. Sure people have talents. But, talents only makes it easier to learn and easier for them to see expression better and express better. But, those are also skills too, you develop it as you learn, as you gain experience. As long as you try to learn, then you CAN learn drawing and pretty much a lot of stuffs. What you need is the experience and a way to express how you see and interpret this world and just put into a drawing. Keep drawing and you will get better, your hands will start to know what to do later on.

I think drawing can be learned, I'm a very technical person and I believe it can be learn, but then what kind of subjects are we talking about? If it's something like landscape drawings, I think it's much much easier, than having something like animate subjects, like people and animals, which I think also can be learned, but with a lot of time and hard work.

I agree that drawing can be learned. I also believe that drawing can be taught. A lot of teachers of art seem not to be very good at teaching the skills though. I wonder why?

You can learn to draw, and so far, I don't think anyone's mentioned the fact that it does have something to do with vision and sight... Of course you don't have to have good sight to draw anything, as whatever you draw can come straight from your imagination, but a sense of proportions and drawing actual things that exist can come from good observation. And that's not only practice but also how you are taught to measure up what you see, and how you associate it to the art of perspective, etc...

Creativity is the quality you are born with. Skill is the technique you can learn.

Synaesthete86 Wrote:Creativity is the quality you are born with. Skill is the technique you can learn.

Actually, to certain point, I believe that creativity can be developed. Once my friend taught me that creativity is understanding the object or whatever thing you have in your mind, break it down, and reconstruct it to something unique and creative.

Creativity seems to differ on most people, I don't think that everyone has the same ability to develop and nurture their creativity, some (I'm one of these types) just like monotonous tasks and not be bothered with free thinking. Though I could whip out a good essay given an appropriate amount of time.

Absolutely. Like with any skill or craft, though, you need to have drive and passion in order to be great. If you don't enjoy the act of drawing, and only do it to see the results, then I would recommend another craft. It's similar to music in the way that if you take it seriously, you can get lost in what you're doing. This becomes addiction. of course, you also need drive. You have to have a reason for doing it. Even if you're an egomaniac who's sole goal is to be the best in the world (and this is actually not that bad a goal in my opinion), you need to have some overarching reason that keeps you from hitting a creative plateau. Creativity, by the way, comes from the yearning to see things from different angles and perspectives. For instance, if you only hang around one person or type of person, only listen to one style of music, only drive a certain kind of car, etc, your perceptions will be extremely limited. That was an extreme example, I admit, but there are really people like that (my grandfather, for instance, was pretty adamant about brand loyalty and such). You get the idea. On the other hand, if you listen to every genre of music and try to listen to it for different reasons other than "digging it", as well as immersing yourself is a large variety of cultures and personalities, you have a much better chance of thinking from different angles and eventually forming your own thoughts from these perceptions that will be as abstruse as artists that are hailed as the most innovative of their day.

Just my 2 cents.

i hope you can leren it i been pracissing it becase i wont to get better and do very good drawing

Yes but you must realize it takes effort and time, no artist randomly just draws everyone started at the same point as you