Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is he gay?
There's this guy in school that I'm pretty much obsessed with. I talked to him once and it wasn't even a legitimate conversation, it was this thing for the college paper. That was the only way I could think of on how to talk to him, cause all other methods involve me professing my undying love for him. It's my last year and I don't want to end my last school year with that "what if" hanging on my back. I don't know if he's gay or if he's even interested. Any advice?

-college basket case

Do you have friends in common? They might know. If not all you can do is make friends with him, then ask.

Only one way to find one, Ease a topic about homosexuality into your discussions.

Who knows maybe he'll open up to you.

W8 for him to come to you. If he smiles and says hi there might be a chance :\ And the darn eye contact thing again Big Grin

Whatever you had to talk to him about, can you use that as a means for getting his email or mobile number so you can contact him outside of school and maybe you might have a means of getting to know him better.........

Good Luck

Umm.....your "undying love for him?" YIKES! Buddy, you need to take a deep breath, take a step back and examine your life a bit. To be obsessing about a person, to whom you want to profess your undying love to, who you don't even know is gay, is a cause for concern.

It sounds like you've created this imaginary world and situation where once you tell him you love him, yo're going to walk into the sunset and live happily ever after. And while that's a wonderful image and dream, you need to look down and make sure you're fully grounded.

If you really are obsessed with this guy, i might suggest you see a college counselor - you need to talk to a trained and educated professional on how to process your feelings and the necessary skills to become more skilled at socializing.

andrew Wrote:... I don't know if he's gay or if he's even interested ...
look at his fb page? As mentioned above talk to some common friends. Does he have a girl friend? Become his friend and see if he has any further interest in you. Dont be disappointed if you come out to your new friend and he tosses you to the curb because he thinks (and its true) the only reason you friended him is because you wanted a date.

Not a lot of lgbt population so 95% he is straight. Still there are lots of gay men who want to know you. Concentrate on them.

(sigh) It's so hard being sarcastic online.

BobInTampa Wrote:Umm.....your "undying love for him?" YIKES! Buddy, you need to take a deep breath, take a step back and examine your life a bit. To be obsessing about a person, to whom you want to profess your undying love to, who you don't even know is gay, is a cause for concern.

It sounds like you've created this imaginary world and situation where once you tell him you love him, yo're going to walk into the sunset and live happily ever after. And while that's a wonderful image and dream, you need to look down and make sure you're fully grounded.

If you really are obsessed with this guy, i might suggest you see a college counselor - you need to talk to a trained and educated professional on how to process your feelings and the necessary skills to become more skilled at socializing.
I'm not in love with the guy, dude get take it easy. I just thought it would be funny using "undying love". You know as a hyperbole for crush. (sigh)

andrew Wrote:(sigh) It's so hard being sarcastic online.

I know, right?! It's like people read text literally or something...