Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is he gay.....REALLY? -- Stereotypes
Ok, so I have this friend who is in his 40's. You would NEVER guess him to be "gay" in any sense of the word.

His house is always dirty.
His laundry hamper is his bedroom floor.
He has NO fashion sense.
He wears wrinkled clothes.
He wears dirty shirts.
His shoes are falling apart, but he continues to wear them.
He cant cook.
He cant bake.
He despises shopping and malls.
He is VERY uncoordinated in everything.
He is a violent driver.
He has no patience for anything.
He eats meat and bread and candy (thats about all he ever eats, even though he is diabetic).
He drinks sodas and booze, nothing else.

You'd never ever guess him to be a gay guy, unless you are with him at the dick dancer bars. He LOVES dick dancers, and shoving money in their undies.

He is SO anti-gay stereotype.

The funny thing about him is, he is SO unorganized and dirty at home, but he is a germaphobe out in public!!! He wont touch door handles with his hands, he uses his shirt tails to open doors. Yet his front door handle is all sticky and grungy.

Do you have any anti gay stereotype friends?

I think I am my anti-stereotype gay friend.

Except for the neat thing... and I'm a great cook... and I hate germs (is that a stereotype?), and I love musical theatre.... But I have a terrible dress sense, hate the mall, etc. I like to think that each of those individual habits or behaviors exist within me independent of my sexual preference, such is the fallacious nature of stereotyping.

All of my male friends that I had who were gay happened to be a bit effeminate, but nobody completely adheres to their stereotype, or avoids it for that matter. I think it would take a lot of work to nail every stereotype on the stereotype list. By the way, does there exist an actual stereotype list? Because if not, there should be one. GET ON IT!!!

pellaz Wrote:I dont know if thats the stupidest thing I have ever heard, the lamest thing I have ever heard, the funniest thing I have ever heard, or the most useless thing I have ever heard.

LMAO

I knew that would get your attention!!!

Drool-smileyRoflDrool-smileyRofl

Offhand I can count the gays and lesbians who live up to the classic stereotypes on one hand (and I've met scores over the years, knew a couple of dozen well).

Though interesting about that guy being a germaphobe but having a dirty house. On a fanfic board I used to help moderate there was a guy (though straight and homophobic) like that who was so extreme that he made a post commemorating the anniversary of his puke stained mattress that he still slept on for decades despite being afflicted with true rupophobia (just to be sure he had money to buy more guns before they were banned...including by Reagan!) I never understood that.

MisterTinkles Wrote:Ok, so I have this friend who is in his 40's. You would NEVER guess him to be "gay" in any sense of the word.

His house is always dirty.
[...]

I'm definitely gay, then. My house is immaculate and that's the way I like it.

Oh gurl please. You know um not got not a single drop of time to waste on DAT lolz.

I myself love girly things and blah blah, but I'll be damned if I cook a meal and can't pig out too or that I clean the house and let my man mess it up and I get chastised for it.

No gurl, I slob up my own house and ravage a 14" meat lovers pizza like de ding was a virgin cherry upon my crystal clear glass of ice cold pink lemonade.

Because I can and just because I do doesn't make me a durty person or "a real guy" or whatever it means um a human.

Of course I am graceful and elegant when I do these dings, as obvi um a queen. Shoooot can't catch me slippin and ridin durty.

Don't gotta be grotty to be anti-gay, real talk.

Now tell your friend his needin a house-spouse effective immediate, promoted yesterday with no delay and raised pay on every Tuesday. Good day Hands-make-heart

Just what um gotta say :hugs-and-kisses-smi

I think I'm pretty much of that anti-gay stereotype as well. None of my friends guessed that I was gay until I told them, it was fun looking at their surprised faces. hehe. Although, I can most definitely cook and bake very well, I like some organization in where I live, clean room. I love baking, it's so fun, it's kind of like making a bicycle frame, but smaller scale and affordable. To this day, most of the gay people that I met don't really fit into the stereotype. Which also makes it damn hard to know if anyone you like is gay or not.

im ashamed to say it but I see lots of myself in your friend....prob half that list ,I like football, my sis has final say on clothes, can microwave but thats it, maybe its a new breed of gay who hates show tunes and fashion !!!! although im addicted to buying trainers which my friends see as strange

matty7 Wrote:im ashamed to say it but I see lots of myself in your friend....prob half that list ,I like football, my sis has final say on clothes, can microwave but thats it, maybe its a new breed of gay who hates show tunes and fashion !!!! although im addicted to buying trainers which my friends see as strange

Oh Matticus Sweetie, don't be ashamed of who you are darlin.

You just need a good boo to give you de hook up Coffee .

Not everyone is the same hunni,

As for me, shoots, I can't even tell you the names of any bladdey tools or sports teams or what car is what if it don't got the name brand on it, or what engine does what to who and where this and that goes.

I'll leave that to you Men... cause us gurls have got more important things to do, like our hair...shit ask me to style your Dreads and I'm there gurl.

Hands-make-heart

But be prepared to fight over dat Pizza hunni, cause I will fuck a bitch up over some food lol, don't get in my way, lest you find yourself in the ER with me muchin down on that Garlic Bread Sis. Msn-slapping

This gurl gotta eat too enuh. Im-blushing-smiley

sweety = I go to the gym building my muscles and there's no way I would get between my girl with the dreads and that last slice of pizza = I know when ive met my match Smile