Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is homosexuality a sin?
Reconciliation has three primary deities who comprise the holy union, they are Utu, Enki, and Marduk. Utu is the father of Marduk who is adopted by Enki in the Sumerian account. Amun is the father of Khonsu who is adopted by Mut in the Egyptian account. It is believed that because Enki adopted the son of Utu they then became a family. This is supported in the Egyptian account where Enki a male deity became Mut a female deity, suggesting that Enki/Mut was the consort of Utu/Amun and was transgendered. This then suggests that Utu was bisexual, and Marduk/Khonsu would then have been raised by two male parents as the result of a gay adoption.

That simple paragraph underlines a lot of the core beliefs concerning homosexuality and the full support of the Oikos of Apollo for the LGBT community in preaching religious tolerance and equality. It is for that reason the Oikos of Apollo seeks to spread the religion of Reconciliation and the magical practice of Hermeticism. In Reconciliation individuality is promoted and consequently self acceptance, in Hermeticism the use of magic is employed to live life as you intend it to be. This can mean many things most notably finding love, so long as you're open minded enough to let it happen, and willing to learn the occult/magical arts as a means of self determination.

Too many people spend their lives floating about and repressing themselves in an effort to fit in or get by without being noticed, and choosing to reject everything they ever wanted. That is simply no way of living life, it might be safer, but it's an empty existence. Reconciliation is a religion focused on discovering yourself from the ground up and the things you want out of life, where Hermeticism is the tool by which you may obtain those things.

If any of that interests you then please pm me Frog

The short answer is that no, homosexuality is not a sin. But nothing inherently is. Until humans make it one.

No, homosexuality isn't a sin, BUT it DOES really piss off Santa, which is why Gays are always on the "Naughty-List".
~Beaux

Beaux Wrote:No, homosexuality isn't a sin, BUT it DOES really piss off Santa, which is why Gays are always on the "Naughty-List".
~Beaux
It only pisses Santa off because we (supposedly) deprive him of his subsistance material, ie children... But then again, that would be ignoring that gay men and women also want to bring forth families.

I haven't consulted any Egyptian deities lately, but I decided in my own mind eons ago after years of struggle that no, it is not a "sin".

It's not a sin. .... no matter how many people say their gods say it is....

In my tradition, sin is the condition of being separated from God. It is not an act, it is how you feel. St. Paul argues against the Gentiles taking on Levitical purity codes because they were irrelevant in their context and had nothing to do with their faith. Similarly, same-gender attraction is not a stumbling block to a spiritual life unless you allow your culture and/or its human religious figures make it one. In a faith community where healthy same-gender relationships are celebrated, this is not an issue.

On the flip, diminishing someone because of their orientation or gender identity would be considered sinful, as would deliberate, self-destructive behavior. But there is always redemption when it is sought.

Not if you do it right. Wink
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

To make it short....

No

Not having mind blowing sex is a sin.....