Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it abnormal to dislike sports?
Hi Guys,

I would like to discuss about a topic with you all.

Is it a must for males to like sports?

Most males seem to enjoy participating in sports.

Most guys attend soccer, basketball, baseball matches etc. and it seems like it's a common part of every guy's life.

As for me, I don't really like to watch or attend sports matches. It makes me feel whether I'm abnormal to feel so.

I don't really like sports as they are mostly roughly played. I got pushed away multiple times during soccer games by other guys in elementary and middle school.

Sometimes, I wonder if I'm a weird person for disliking sports. I also do feel sad at times that I never experienced joy in sports like any other average male guy.

I have seen in movies and TV series how young guys like sports and hang out in locker rooms after sports. I feel a bit upset as to why I'm not normal like them.

And I have been called unpleasant names like sissy for disliking sports.

There is one sports which I really like though, which is badminton. I enjoy playing that a lot. But I still have received comments from other guys that it's not really a masculine sport.
[-] The following 1 member Likes soulfulriver's post:
  • artyboy

No, a lot of guys don't like sports. I played rugby and basketball in high-school, they are fun to play, but I don't like watching them. As for guy shoving you, yeah, that's what supposed to happen. Don't be a pussy. But disliking watching sports is a pretty regular thing.

(08-20-2021, 05:29 PM)Adam88 Wrote: Don't be a pussy.

lol *sigh*

@soulfulriver He means that physical contact like that is part of the sport. Soccer, basketball or whatever it is. Being camp or not liking certain things doesn't make you "a pussy," so if you like badminton or whatever that's fine.

Other sports you might consider that don't involve physical contact are golf, bowling, krokae, etc. I suck at bowling (more specifically 10-pin or might be known as American Bowling... look up PBA bowling) but it is a lot of fun.

As for what is normal and what is not, well not all guys are meant for "macho" things and not all women like "women" things. Do what you like and quit worrying about what people think and whether you fit into all the social "normals" everyone is going to be different and excel at something different.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • soulfulriver

Ah, the ridiculous competition/aggression-driven socialization patterns for young males. What a classic. 

No, not liking sports is hardly abnormal. 

But for many of us growing up it was definitely part of the expected "man behavior". And that meant I got shit on because I didn't. It is definitely why I've come to hate soccer football (and I do mean hate). Because I showed no interest in this so very common "guy thing" I was not normal and other people were very happy letting me know constantly. 

The only difference now from then is that hardly anyone gives me hell for it. Joke was on them anyway, "normality" is boring. 

You're an adult now, you don't like what you don't like and more and more you will realize you don't need to fit into patterns or expectations other than you know...having a job, because you need to make money somehow. 

Other than that, play badminton if you like it, brush off other people's comments (I know, I know, this is the hard part) and do what makes you happy, man.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]
[-] The following 1 member Likes Insertnamehere's post:
  • soulfulriver

I don't enjoy watching team sports (baseball, soccer, football, etc) but I like watching stuff like the Olympics.

I prefer watching the Winter Games. I like the skiing, skating, snowboarding.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!
[-] The following 1 member Likes CellarDweller's post:
  • soulfulriver

(08-20-2021, 07:00 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: As for what is normal and what is not, well not all guys are meant for "macho" things and not all women like "women" things. 

Oh don't I know it. I went to a private school in the deep south. Uniforms and all. Was kind of almost a reform school for criminal-ish kids and kids whos parents suspected them of being fags or whatever. Man, you should have seen some of those cute ones. Couldnt pick up a fuckin' football if they tried. Cute as absolute fuck though. Did bully the piss out of them though haha. Especially the blond ones. Loved the blonds. I guess they apply a little balance to the world of homosexuality. Can't all be tops, now can we?

Sounds like a cluster fuck to me. Round up all the guy effeminate kids and all the "bad" kids together, what could go wrong?

So what did you do to those guys?
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

(08-20-2021, 04:34 PM)soulfulriver Wrote: Hi Guys,

I would like to discuss about a topic with you all.

Is it a must for males to like sports?

Most males seem to enjoy participating in sports.

Most guys attend soccer, basketball, baseball matches etc. and it seems like it's a common part of every guy's life.

As for me, I don't really like to watch or attend sports matches. It makes me feel whether I'm abnormal to feel so.

I don't really like sports as they are mostly roughly played. I got pushed away multiple times during soccer games by other guys in elementary and middle school.

Sometimes, I wonder if I'm a weird person for disliking sports. I also do feel sad at times that I never experienced joy in sports like any other average male guy.

I have seen in movies and TV series how young guys like sports and hang out in locker rooms after sports. I feel a bit upset as to why I'm not normal like them.

And I have been called unpleasant names like sissy for disliking sports.

There is one sports which I really like though, which is badminton. I enjoy playing that a lot. But I still have received comments from other guys that it's not really a masculine sport.

Honestly, it shouldn't be a big deal. Not everyone is into sports. A lot of my straight male friends are not into sports. 

I wasn't into sports when I was in primary school, high school and college because I was super obese. Granted, I was asked to join tug and war comp because of my size. But I wasn't into sports in general. When I was in high school, all the boys had to join football after school. Including me - teacher said so. The school jock aka my classmate aka my no 1 bully, Abu Zahid confronted me in the field. He showed me his six pack abs and said, "You want to have this? Dream on." Next thing I know his friend, Hafiz (another bully) kicked a ball straight to my face. It has been what? 16 years and I still remember their names (the bullies). Abu Zahid the leader. Hafiz, second in command. Razak, third in command. And other fellows.

Long story short, I lost weight and am fit now. I'm still not into sports like football but am into running and weightlifting. Basically working out. I've joined multiple 10k running events and also obstacle events like Spartan Race and Viper Challenge. 

I stumbled into my bullies a few years back. My, how things turned upside down. They stopped taking care of themselves. Even the great Abu. They didn't recognise me because I have changed so much. I didn't confront them. I just moved on. The best revenge you can have is to live happy and move on.

Sorry. Went on rambling. But don't worry about others. You do you.
[-] The following 2 members Like Jay's post:
  • calgor, soulfulriver

(08-21-2021, 02:18 PM)InbetweenDreams Wrote: Sounds like a cluster fuck to me. Round up all the guy effeminate kids and all the "bad" kids together, what could go wrong?

So what did you do to those guys?

Heh, nothin' I'd mention here. But yes, I was always amazed at their logic. Amazing how many guys crush on you when you mercilessly bully them. Wonder if thats some kind of Stockholm Syndrome type of deal. No idea. Fuckin' high-school, man. 

In any case it for sure gave me my "thing" for blonds.

I hate sport, I find it one of the most boring things ever. Not saying I don't get the rules of the game. Seeing a ball being kicked or pushed a field or someone hitting a ball with a stick as far as they can, is less interesting as watching paint dry. I also don't get all the shouting and jumping about fans do.

Well I'm interested in target shooting but still I wouldn't go out of my way to watch other people do it. I guess I don't mind doing some sport just don't get watching it.

Tennis and golf are the most boring of them all. Tennis is about hitting a ball back and fourth and golf is hitting a ball as far as you can. Is that it?

Either watch a film or write a short story lol!
[-] The following 1 member Likes artyboy's post:
  • soulfulriver