Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it embarrassing for a man to not know how to drive a car?
Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I have read in several articles that your generation is the generation that apparently hates the automobile. A rather high percentage (as compared to earlier generations) haven't bothered to get a license, learn how to drive and those who do have the ability don't bother with buying a car.

https://www.google.com/#q=millennials+ge...%27t+drive has a few sites that break this horrific news to my generation - Mine apparently being the last that loved the automobile, the open road, cheap gasoline....smog.... ah the good old days.

If I could get away with getting rid of my car, I'd be happy to do it. Unfortunately, it would make for a lot of inconveniences in my life - and make it more difficult socially.

Edit: I'd still might want to rent a car from time to time, so IMO knowing how to drive remains an important skill.

I know a lot of guys who can't drive. Some people just have no desire or reason to learn, and that's fine.

I think the real question is not if it's embarrassing because who gives a rat's ass what random other people think - my question is, does it bother YOU not to be able to drive? Does it embarrass you and make you feel inadequate? Or are you comfortable with it? I live in a city where parking is at a premium, ridiculously expensive downtown, and a lot of city dwellers don't have cars by choice.
If you're OK with this, fine. If it bothers you, then maybe talk to a behavioral therapist about coping with the panic attacks and see what can be done. But whatever you decide, do it for you.

As long as not being able to drive doesn't hinder you in any way, you shouldn't feel obligated to learn if you don't want to. At the end of the day, public transport can get you more or less anywhere - and isn't exactly expensive when you take the cost of a car, and it's fuel, into account.

That being said, having, and being able to drive, your own car would open up a lot of opportunities for you; travel, jobs, etc, that could be potentially impractical through public transport - so it's just a matter of weighing the good with the bad and seeing how you feel about it.

i dony know how to drive either, It nakes me feel pathetic