Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it homophobic ...
bicurious Wrote:... if a person believes that sexuality is a choice and not genetically determined. Are gay people allowed to have both views in this matter - that one can 'choose' to be gay as well as one is genetically predetermined to be gay?

I believe in the right to choose. So I am okay with it either way.

Is it homophobic to believe being gay is a choice?. No its not homophobic however it is ignorant of scientific facts.

It's really not homophobic. Well in a sense it technically is, however it really is not. I knew some guy from another forum and he thought being gay was a choice. My ex left that forum and thought that guy was homophobic since that guy believed that being gay is a choice.

yes gay people are allowed to havea choice
what is my view on the subject, there is no 100% on either side
i beleive that not all gay people are born gay, like all things living environment effect evolution, even of the mind, one can indeed "become" gay by many means, in the same way there are allot of inheritanly born GLBT members that are "made" to be straight by the environment they live in
to say no one is born GLBT is untrue, there are plenty of men who i knew as children that where gay from day one,
i myself have always been attracted to both sexes, it wasn't something i chose to do, it was how i was born and how i have been since i can remember

the problem with the admittiance of some "Becoming gay" brings around the Christians ever ignorant "gay cure"

Marvinteck Wrote:Is it homophobic to believe being gay is a choice?. No its not homophobic however it is ignorant of scientific facts.
Yup, this more or less. Maybe not quite as harshly worded though.:redface:
Maybe i'd put "Slighty" before ignorant. :tongue:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Genersis Wrote:...Maybe not quite as harshly worded though.:redface:
Maybe i'd put "Slighty" before ignorant. :tongue:
Either you know something or you don't. How can you slightly not know something Wink

marshlander Wrote:Either you know something or you don't. How can you slightly not know something Wink
Oh...er...well...:redface:
But one sounds a little nicer.....don't ya think?:tongue:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

What's nice got to do with it? :biggrin:

uuummm.....I don't ever remember making a choice...and I am definitely 100% positive that I am in no way attracted to women...but never decided that I wasn't.