Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it love or just Infatuation?
So sorry to hear that Indi.
You deserve better than him , and I believe you will do better.
Bighug

Nick9 Wrote:I am so sorry to hear that Indi.

Why can't so many people have SEVERAL friends? I mean, why would you want to break all ties when you find someone new?
I think that maybe you two were too desperate and too eager to find the perfect guy. He was probably talking to several guys at the same time and picked ONE.
You wanted Mr. Right too and you started to fall for him too soon, where there was a flicker of hope that he could be nice guy.

Considering you to met at dating website, it is probably understandable.

I know that the process of finding Mr.Right can be hard and painful. But it seems to me that we are making it even more difficult by concentrating on finding JUST THE ONE person.
One should not leave his old friend for a new one. It's like you take a bite of a cookie and when it is not perfect, you set it aside and reach for another one. It makes me sad how many broken people is left there in this search.

Maybe you can wait some time, then get to him again, saying that you have maybe met someone, but you still miss your previous long talks. Maybe he'll start talking again.

I am surely hurt, but, not as much as to call him ever again. This person, if was so unsure about me, or didnt want to speak to me, could have easily ignored till i had dropped. He just snapped and left me aghast. He didnt evn give a clue. In neither of the conversations, he mentioned that maybe i was bothering him, or he disliked me, as if he did, i wouldnt have ever called him as i dont belong to the category of people who will run after people without getting nothing in return. I guess, this guy, although seems to be intelligent, and mature, is little immature as far as the matters of relationship are concerned. He just behaved so immature as he could have just ignored me easily than just snapping at me. I repect his thinking as i believe every person has his/her own list of desirables, but, Why wouldnt he just say that there was nothing compatible. I was just expecting to be friends with him to be honest, although i liked him a lot, but, i didnt want the things to end this way. I am sure this guy had too much going on in his mind when i was talking to him Now, he is gone, really gone forever, i am not going to get back to him ever. Forget it!!
And trust me, i am just gonna enjoy every moment of life, whatever it gives me. If people wanna hook up, i will for sure without expecting any damn thing in return. I am sorry to be ranting.

Investing too much in something that doesn't exist always ends up in pain.

There is no such thing as a relationship until there are 2 people standing in front of each other after a period of friendship and courting and saying 'I love you.'

Love and relationships don't exist in text...that is lust.

Sorry...just saying.

dfiant Wrote:Investing too much in something that doesn't exist always ends up in pain.

There is no such thing as a relationship until there are 2 people standing in front of each other after a period of friendship and courting and saying 'I love you.'

Sorry...just saying.

Well, you are right.

I invest too much too early..Maybe i need to learn to manage my emotions better, especially after meeting or just talking to someone who i like. Smile

dfiant Wrote:There is no such thing as a relationship until there are 2 people standing in front of each other after a period of friendship and courting and saying 'I love you.'

Sorry...just saying.

I am not sure about that. If you go to the relationship with certain knowledge and understanding... You can have years of very satisfying relationship even though you will never meet the guy (just exchanging letters, texts or calls). You can still be in love with him and the relationship can be very rewarding. But you both need to be okay with that.

Maybe the meaning of the word relationship is different in English though.

indianajones Wrote:i am not going to get back to him ever. Forget it!!

Sure, whatever, that's okay with me :biggrin:

indianajones Wrote:And trust me, i am just gonna enjoy every moment of life, whatever it gives me.
Good! Smile
indianajones Wrote:If people wanna hook up, i will for sure without expecting any damn thing in return.
I am not sure about that. Even if it is just a talk, you should get something nice/interesting/rewarding back.

B careful. There R things and people who exist exclusively in Cyberspace. If he puts U off, he may B hiding something. chatting and emailing via the Web may B fun and even educational, but U must take it 4 what it is- A completely artificial playground- Good Luck!