Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it normal to become increasingly more flamboyant over time?
Has anyone else (mainly gay males I guess) experienced this? What causes it? Up until I was in my earl 20's you'd never know that I wasn't straight. Now I talk with a slight lisp and have more "feminine" expressions. Where once I preferred being around women and felt most comfortable that way, I'm finding that it's harder and harder for me to be around them without thinking something catty every once in a while. Not that often, but sometimes I have to censor a bit of cattiness like I'd imagine most straight girls need to do themselves in order to get along with each other. I don't feel like this is something that I've consciously suppressed, and, quite frankly, it seems sort of bizarre that it's even happening at all. I'm not scared, I'm just sort of curious about it. I'm slightly worried though that people who I haven't seen since high school will think that I was a hiding a completely different personality, when, in fact, I just didn't feel this way back then. At least that's my interpretation, I could be wrong. I dunno maybe I was always supposed to be this way but I was so horribly repressed that I convinced myself that I wasn't. I can't say.

So has this happened to you or anyone else you know? Please share theories on why something like this happens. I feel like I might be stumbling upon something that is already well-known in some circles of the gay community and I might be showing my ignorance here. I've only recently ID'd myself as gay, so sorry if that's the case.

Biting my tongue on this one.:frown:

Never heard of this happening.
And maybe it's nothing to do with your sexuality at all.
That's all i can say...
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

a little bit

I have seen it happen. Even though I'm masculine I think I got gayer since I came out. I think it's two things.

1. You are more comfortable and your true self comes out and you don't need to be rigid and hiding.

2. You become what you are exposed to and pick up on mannerisms you see. Hang out in gay circles and you will adopt some it. You know what I mean, girl. Lol

so?

Gaydude3 Wrote:I have seen it happen. Even though I'm masculine I think I got gayer since I came out. I think it's two things.

1. You are more comfortable and your true self comes out and you don't need to be rigid and hiding.

2. You become what you are exposed to and pick up on mannerisms you see. Hang out in gay circles and you will adopt some it. You know what I mean, girl. Lol

Girl?

Seems most gay guys go around calling each other bitch.

I hate that.
Rolleyes

hate
Girl?
or
bitch.

I'm not a flaming queen and I'm
A nice masculine guy but think its funny to call people girl and bitch.

Im a guy and just cause Im gay, I dont like being called "girl" or "chicky"