Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was Coming Out Easy For You?
Quote:That makes it more awkward if family close members are involved in joint living arrangements. Do you and your sister own the property or are you renting? Would you mind if she chose to move away with you? Could you float the idea that she might start thinking about another room-mate?

Almost every time I moved into a new area it was because I got a job there first. Once in an area I found somewhere to live, but sometimes had to  move once or twice until I found somewhere more suitable.

Courage and strength, mon brave. I wish you the best! x
I thought about it, actually she seems to be going steady with a guy she is seeing so I was thinking of asking her how serious they are. Plus I think I could finally land a job in my degree field if I searched other states.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

That sounds like a plan in the making.

Good luck!!
x
[-] The following 1 member Likes marshlander's post:
  • ceez

It was really hard at the beginning but I'm in a better place now. Coming out and being a gay guy is an Islamic country is always tough because you fear for your safety. While my future as a gay man in this country is uncertain, I'm still happy for coming out. I have given a little peace to myself.
[-] The following 2 members Like Jay's post:
  • InbetweenDreams, Insertnamehere

I always knew that I was gay but when it started sinking in during my teenage years, it took me some time to come to terms with it. From then to now, it has been a relatively smooth sailing.  Everyone that I have told has been very accepting for which I'm grateful.
I am not fully out, though. My close circle of friends know but my parents do not and it will likely remain that way for the foreseeable future because:
1) My parents are religious so the odds of me changing their views are little to none.
2) My life is barely hampered by them not knowing. I live on my own for most part because of university (barring lockdown in 2020) so I've been able to have a solid relationship with my boyfriend.
I guess I get to have my cake and eat it too (for now at least).

Keeping it a secret was the hard part.  I know deep down my dad and mom has always known but as to this day are in denial to my knowledge....but the rest of the world I am sure has debated my sexuality. Back in those days I was very rigid on myself fighting this so called demon tooth and nail and even got married twice to women and that only destroyed lives including mine. I am very sick of living a lie, when I do find a significant other im sure they will know something is up with me....lol....i dont care at this point. I should NOT have to be vocal....its very apparent!!

"Coming out" and "being out" can easily be considered two different things. Both can be stressful, whether to the negative or the positive side. "Ustress" is a thing for real and so like the stress of a new marriage, new home, new child. Anyway, what I want to say is that I have found little to no desire to engage in "coming out" much over the years but I have had a GREAT time being out specifically to advocate and support LGBTQI+ culture. Even if in serving as a role model to my community that we are just as capable of constructive contribution to civilization as anyone else. I don't really put too much thought into being an LBGT advocate. I just "am." In the end, it's about a human BEING more than how things appear or are perceived/judged. Love wins! Lovelove
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart
[-] The following 2 members Like ChadCoxRox's post:
  • eastofeden, richhix56

You'd have to know me to understand - it was extremely easy for me because I have a very limited or ZERO filter and I don't think about my words  before I talk - I hear them when you hear them. The internet is a blessing because I can "edit".

So - it occurred to me I was gay one morning - never even thought about it before that I could remember - ten minutes later my whole family knew. Done. 

It also helps I guess that I really don't give a shit what other people think of me so no fears. 

Ironically - when I worked in the gay club - I had other gay men along the way think that I wasn't "really" gay Confused  Big Grin

Go figure.
[-] The following 1 member Likes eastofeden's post:
  • ChadCoxRox

I didn't plan on coming out to anyone.
But since my previous relationship was with a trans female it xame out.
First told my mother. Then she went behind my back and told one of my brothers.
All if hus friends figured it out fast. And they thought it was pretty cool that I could be together with a trans girl.
Soon my other Brother found out, because he picked me and my gf up at the airport
He figured it out because jeg voice was still too manly.

The first Brother feels a bit of shame that I'm like this.
But I don't care. But he accepts it. 
Other Brother and mother doesn't mind.

But since I'm 36 years old, I don't care what negative things people think of me.

Me and the trans is not together anymore.
[-] The following 1 member Likes FluffyDango's post:
  • ChadCoxRox