Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it okay to be single?
Of course it's okay to be single!

Before, I used to hate being single, I wanted to be in a relationship and thought that getting into one would fix everything. Until one day I asked myself what needed to be fix and realized that everything stemed from me not loving myself. Yes, I know that's cliche but it's true. I basically wanted someone who would love me and cancel my own doubts about myself.

I don't need that anymore, I've done a lot of stuff and feel like I have a purpose now. From time to time, I still feel a little lonely but then I remember I have a great group of supportive people around me.

From my own experience and from what I've seen around me I've come to realize that some people want to be in a relationship simply because they're insecure.

Oh geez, this post makes me sounding like I'm pointing fingers. XD

Being single is fine. You can't expect to always have that special person in your life. Also I think its not a matter of being singe, its being alone. That unbearable feeling of just wanting someone near, someone to talk to... thats what I think is the real issue to overcome. I've been single my whole life and I don't mind it, but its the times that I wish I could just have someone next to me that really hurts. Thats life though and we have to make do.

yesConfusedmile:jjjjj im bi though

If being single makes you happy then just be happy Smile

It's perfectly OK. I'd love to meet a nice guy, but I find it hard to meet other guys. I'm sure it'll change with life experience.