Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible - phone number?
Is it possible that a phone number only works within borders of a particular country? I asked someone who lives in Spain to give me his phone number, but he answered that this phone number only works in Spain. Could it be so?

His ability to call out may be hampered, but as far as I know Spain allows international calling in.

I know with my cell phone should I ever go totally insane and decide to travel, I would have to pay extra to roam internationally and use my phone while say in UK. Or wherever.

However my nephew who lives in the UK can call me on their land line which has international calling. His cell phone doesn't because his mum doesn't want to pay out the nose for his calling me.

I use Verizon Cellular/Mobile Service - I have no idea how every mobile/cellular service works.

He may be concerned that he will be charged for it, or he may misunderstand how international roaming works....

I use tin cans and string, so I am sure it would not reach to Spain.
I bid NO Trump!

Davis Wrote:Is it possible that a phone number only works within borders of a particular country? I asked someone who lives in Spain to give me his phone number, but he answered that this phone number only works in Spain. Could it be so?

He doesn't want to give you his number. Any landline or mobile 'phone. in Spain will be able to receive calls from any country.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Well, once I was calling to Paris and received answer that the number "was not in the service". Didn't know what that meant though.

I use viber out to make international call...it's relatively cheap but it requires good to excellent internet connection.

As someone who has traveled to a few European countries, I can tell you that different countries have different services.

I have a Blackberry with Verizon service. I can call anywhere in the US, and other countries from the US. When I travel, in certain countries the phone goes dead. I was able to use it in New Zealand, but so far, no where in Europe that I traveled to.

If he have a cheap carrier or service, it's possible he can only call within Spain.

If he gave you his number, you should be able to call it.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

LJay Wrote:I use tin cans and string, so I am sure it would not reach to Spain.
That was funny as hell LJay. Laugh

I agree with Londoner. For some reason he just doesn't want to give out his phone number. In this day and age I can sort of understand. Unless its North Korea you shouldn't have any problem calling him.