Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it racist?
Maybe you should read it again, for you dont seem to be replying to. Me at all, so kindly dont highlight what i say

David501 Wrote:he explained how he "likes oriental men" young men,

I 'm so relief to know it.... i still have hope! Rolleyes

Im afraid i deleted his number :-)

I call it preference.

I used the 'N' word and got told off for it the other day. I use it like people use the word faggot u.u just cos you're black doesn't entitle you to use words that I can't (Just my feelings on that)

Racism, sexism etc to me are used when someone is oppressed for what or who they are.

dfiant Wrote:racism, sexism etc to me are used when someone is oppressed for what or who they are.

yesssssssss

As a gay black man who struggles with this every day:
Racist - No
Discriminatory - Loosely
Fucked Up - Definitely

From my perspective, living in Houston, I don't think it's racist but it is just really shitty to the receiving end. It's basically like having the door slammed in your face without you getting to say a word. And while it may not be done in a vicious manner, it still makes me feel worthless a lot of the time.

Couple that with the subset of men who only want to have sex with you because of a fantasy/thug fetish, and it's pretty discouraging. As gay men, we all know it's not always easy to just "ignore" those things when especially on dating sites, we see it all the time. It's like being really interested in someone and them disregarding you for something that you are.

It's not that it's racist, it's just makes me feel really horrible to have an intellectual connection with someone, but it go no where because they "prefer white/latin only". Lol that's not a preference, you only date/fuck white or latin guys regardless of any other qualities of a man. That's pretty shitty in my book.

I see it as a preference rather than racism. Racism, at least in my experience, are actions taken which hurts other human beings because of their ethnicities. However, if a person has a physical preference in whom you'd like to date, based on looks, I wouldn't call that racism. If this was the case, I would see at "Racism" for someone not to want to date skinny people, or large people. It's just a shallow preference, in my opinion.

ChuvelxD Wrote:subset of men who only want to have sex with you because of a fantasy/thug fetish.

It occurs to me that this IS racist, even if they admire it (it sounds too much like the "Around blacks, never relax" slogan, only they see it as attractive rather than scary). I'm not sure why it hadn't occurred to me before, but plenty of people, gay and straight, make racial preferences on what they believe the RACE to be like. Some are attracted to those of Asian ancestry because they see them as submissive, for example, and black men because they're supposed to be hard, even villainous. This is different than liking the shape of the eyes or the colors involved.

I saw some black guys on YT saying they preferred to date white women because whites weren't all in their business and making demands. Though I suppose GENERALLY speaking they have a point, if they believe it's in the race (that is, all black women are shrews, all white women are submissives they can walk all over) rather than a cultural inclination I think they're in for a world of disappointment (sure, plenty fit the type they want, but if they're going for the type then the race shouldn't matter).

^^^ I never saw that coming....

But I guess it makes sense and maybe that is where my fellow converser was coming from.... altought he didn't put it quite as eloquently as you.