Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it that important?
Will101 Wrote:Well, that's it...
I mean for me is not that important to "coming out" to everyone, there's no need for that... I understand the need of telling your family, of course ,when you're ready that's necessary... I guess. I don't know if its just me , but i don't think that everyone has to know that i am ( or you are) gay ... Just like the "gay comunity" want to be treated as normal people, like average... Being gay is average , normal... That's what i've been reading.. So i guess there's no need to tell someone you just met your gay like:
-hi
-hi bla bla
-bla bla
- bla bla i like rock n' roll
- ouu yeah, bla bla,
-ah yeah, and also , i'm gay Smile

I mean, is it that important ?

Its not about running around telling people that I am gay, the discussions I have with my make friends always move toward women. It normally goes like this...
"hey hank, you like her?"
"no, not my type."
"you are kidding look at her!"
"nope."
"what is your type?"
"men."
"oh, okay."

And that is how I came out.

As a biker very closeted, actually did not understand issues

As a national serviceman same as above but there was a real problem regards the authorities best not to say a word.

First "come out" Myself

Second time, in the army, post national service: - When a comment was thrown my way. "I don't do girls and I'm not into any of you" Anyone got a problem? (with a truncheon close at hand).... They backed down...

Turns out there where 7 other gay guys in my bungalow who did come out to me in private, one of which was a real flapper. He got teased mercilessly, until I stepped in and outright challenged the guys in the mess. Again "anyone got a problem"? with the truncheon very visible in my hands and 3 stripes on my arm...

Third time work: -Fait accompli

This company: Top management knew, shop floor asked the question got same answer as army. Get the occasional dig-in-the-ribs but I can back-bitch with the best and they have learned to "walk on eggs"

Result? No hiding / covered / blackmail / chucked out the blankie and am free to be myself

Any regrets? no.

That about does it for me

Regards
Trial by error

As always! I found EVERY single answer, so helpfull and wise! Tongue
I agree with all of you!! Thanks for sharing your experiences and life with me! Big Grin Yeah, it will be harder to "keep it" while the years go passing by! And yeah, there's no need to be screaming around "I'm gaaaay! Hey you! I'm gay! " Aaand yeah being gay is not the whole you as we already discussed in another topic haha .
Thank you guys so much!

I don't scream it to the world but i'm going to correct people who assume the wrong thing.

nah when it comes up in the covnersation, it comes up.

I think it's important that the people close to you know (your friends, family, etc), definitely, because otherwise you're hiding yourself from the people closest to you, which is unhealthy. Beyond that, I think it depends on the individual and who they're comfortable with letting know. There are certain people that don't know I'm gay because I don't feel it's necessary for them to know. My family, however, and all of my friends are well aware.