Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it weird if a grown man doesn't have a beard?
Benedict Cumberbatch has always struck me as someone who has little or no facial hair. In spite of that he was voted as the sexiest man by many British women and it certainly hasn't impeded his career. Just put his name in to Google and you'll find plenty of photographs.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

That sucks for your friend Sad Genetics suck sometimes.

Shit, if he wants to trade some genes, tell him to drop me a line. I have to shave every damn morning.

LONDONER Wrote:Benedict Cumberbatch has always struck me as someone who has little or no facial hair. In spite of that he was voted as the sexiest man by many British women and it certainly hasn't impeded his career. Just put his name in to Google and you'll find plenty of photographs.

Really? Apparently I have no taste but what's so sexy about him?

Edward Wrote:Really? Apparently I have no taste but what's so sexy about him?

I don't know, he's not my type either but it just illustrates that you don't have to be covered in hair to make it.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

MikeW Wrote:I thought Taylor Swift *is* a beard -- or is that what you're saying?

[Image: Taylor-Swift-gay-beard_zps0e91529e.jpg]

Genetics play a huge part in facial hair and body hair. As [MENTION=22126]ck86[/MENTION] said, many of Asian decent (and Native Americans too) in particular can have that issue. In fact, I grow so little facial hair that when I get the occasional hair I just pluck it out.

Many Caucasians (particularly the "baby faced" variety) also usualy grow sparce in the facial hair arena. It's nothing to be ashamed about, in fact, if he's got that whole "baby faced" thing going on? Chances are good he's going to age VERY well and be hot for way longer than most.

I'm not sure why your friend would fixate so completely on facial hair though, yeah? Then again, I personally don't find a lot of facial hair to be particularly attractive.

Miles Wrote:Shit, if he wants to trade some genes, tell him to drop me a line. I have to shave every damn morning.

May I watch? Or Better yet, regrow that beard so I can get crumbs in it. :tongue:

Davis Wrote:I've got a friend who's 30 years old now and has a very smooth chin. He has never shaved just because he doesn't have anything to shave. Needless to say, he's really unhappy about it. Is there something wrong with his health? Or are there men who cannot grow a beard?

Several races and mixed races, such as orientals, Native Americans (North, Central, South) Inuits and a few others are facial hair challenged.

Just because he looks white isn't to say he doesn't have say American Indian in him, or just enough to cancel out the Caucasian leaning toward beards. Furthermore, not all Europeans can grow a full lush beard. Central Europeans tend to be rather well mixed and have various levels of body hair and facial hair growth.

There are a few issues that could exist to prevent hair growth, hormonal is one (too much estrogen or too little testosterone). He can get his doctor to run tests to rule out potential medical problems.While there isn't much he can do to get a beard if there is no medical problem, if he has a hormonal or other problem that can be repaired or treated he might still be able to sprout a full beard.

If you're worried you can tell him to look for a doctor and ask about hormonal disorders, and look into that. If I'm not wrong they only need a blood sample to tell if you're hormone levels are right, it's not gonna take much.

If everything is ok, then I guess just try to comfort him, smooth face is nice too Smile

take care