Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it wrong to demonize "Rosary Rattlers" as they are sworn enemies of GLBT?
To much text... System overload...

LateBloomer Wrote:What can I say?
One billion members worldwide, and climbing.

YOU ARE WRONG, the Catholic population world wide is declining. Its a failed religion. Despite their presence in growing 3rd world populations the numbers world wide have significantly decreased. There are faith based systems on the rise, Catholics are not one of them.

linky / reference:
Some countries with a historically large Christian population have experienced a significant decline in the numbers of professed active Christians: see demographics of atheism. Symptoms of the decline in active participation in Christian religious life include declining recruitment for the priesthood and monastic life, as well as diminishing attendance at church. On the other hand, since the 19th century, large areas of sub-saharan Africa have been converted to Christianity, and this area of the world has the highest population growth rate.

pellaz Wrote:YOU ARE WRONG, the Catholic population world wide is declining. Its a failed religion. Despite their presence in growing 3rd world populations the numbers world wide have significantly decreased. There are faith based systems on the rise, Catholics are not one of them.

linky / reference:
Some countries with a historically large Christian population have experienced a significant decline in the numbers of professed active Christians: see demographics of atheism. Symptoms of the decline in active participation in Christian religious life include declining recruitment for the priesthood and monastic life, as well as diminishing attendance at church. On the other hand, since the 19th century, large areas of sub-saharan Africa have been converted to Christianity, and this area of the world has the highest population growth rate.

The rise in Africa is due to the programs like Feed The Children who I had a huge blowout with maybe 20 years ago. I wanted to donate money but I had a few questions and I asked the good Christians if they traded food for religion and the answer was YES. I then told them what I thought about that and asked them if there was a program that actually fed children ad respected their beliefs...gave them food just because they were hungry.

Fast forward to 2011,,,witness Uganda and their proposed legislation condemning gays with the help of the RELIGIOUS folks right here in the USA. THAT is why I asked the questions I did 20 years ago.

I am not in favor of a war with these people even though they have declared war on us but I am not in favor of pretending they haven't either and I thank God there are enough of us who hold them accountable and ask questions.

pellaz Wrote:YOU ARE WRONG, the Catholic population world wide is declining. Its a failed religion. Despite their presence in growing 3rd world populations the numbers world wide have significantly decreased. There are faith based systems on the rise, Catholics are not one of them.

linky / reference:

Well, there are 1 billion Catholics worldwide.

And yes, they are shrinking in North America and Western Europe. But they are growing in Africa.

Is the net result growing or shrinking? Honestly I don't know. You seem to suggest it's shrinking. It could be, I won't dispute that, and frankly it doesn't really matter to me.

The Church has a 2000 year history with a direct lineage from Pope Benedict all the way to St. Peter (the first pope) who was crucified upside down in Rome where the Vatican now stands.

That's historical fact. Nothing faith based. The Church is a FACT of life and history. We can try to wish it away if we like, but for good or bad (and there have been both) the Church has been there since Christ told Peter, "I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hell will not overcome it."

Smile

East Wrote:I am not in favor of a war with these people even though they have declared war on us but I am not in favor of pretending they haven't either

this is not Buffy against the Vampires, no war please. National LBGT organizations need drive home the thought process:

The gay community has to be instructed to look down on the closeted gay Catholics kneeling before their god. If they wore a rainbow t-shirt in church these gays would get their rosary crushed.
or
Men successful in a proper loving gay relationship, holding hands with their husband at church... they would be asked to leave.
or
You have to know how a husband feels to be introduced as a friend.

LateBloomer Wrote:And yes, they are shrinking in North America and Western Europe. But they are growing in Africa ...
Is the net result growing or shrinking?

yes the Catholic population world wide is decreasing. Many gay Catholic men are moving to Africa to be with the faithful.

insert here "______Biggrinflip______" fav biblical quote

pellaz Wrote:yes the Catholic population world wide is decreasing. Many gay Catholic men are moving to Africa to be with the faithful.

insert here "______Biggrinflip______" fav biblical quote

Very well.

But the best way to predict the future is to study history.

Just sayin.

Wink

be aware of the past to not repeat its mistakes.

pellaz Wrote:be aware of the past to not repeat its mistakes.

Agreed!

[+ 10 characters...]

Smile

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I also believe that Jesus was a real man, who did indeed turn water into wine, cure the lame, cause the blind to see, ministered and preached to the multitudes, was killed and spent three days in the grave to rise again.

I further believe that his Sacrifice actually did save all of our 'souls', Yes Wes, your soul too.

There are, Wes, over 600 ancient texts, with many of those (not included in the bible) that attest to this man named Yehoshua ben Yosef (translated to Jesus, son of Joseph) and what He did and the miracles He performed.

To name but a few:
Gospel of Peter
Gospel of Mary
Gospel of Judas
Gospel of Matthias
Gospel of Perfection
Gospel of the Seventy
Dialogue of the Savior
Gospel of the Twelve
Gospel of the Hebrews
Gospel of the Nazarenes
Gospel of Bartholomew
Secret Gospel of Mark

The first day in Television News 346 the professor told us we were going to get the most important information he had that very day! "The difference between television network news shows is in how they verify facts before going on the air. CNN used one source at one time, and it was incorrect. They will never live it down. CBS and NBC require TWO separate sources for information before it goes on the air. Often they lose a scoop because of it. Verified accuracy in news is what builds long term audiences."

Problem with your holy book is that it is an "only source" propostion. It has not be verified by any historic observer with credentials. I understand some sections in your holy book were written as much as 200 years after the death of Jesus Christ!

Can you imagine you or I writing a treatise on the Civil War today? We would know nothing first hand. Who is to prevent me from publishing my posts in this forum as the "Book of Wes." If I did, most would discredit it as Wes's blog. The entire foundation of all religion is built on a foundation of sand, and when the waves rush in.......well........there is nothing there.

[Image: wizard-behind-curtain.jpg]

Hey who is the man behind that curtain? God, Jesus, the Wizard of Oz?
No, it was an actor named Frank Morgan.