Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it wrong to demonize "Rosary Rattlers" as they are sworn enemies of GLBT?
Whew!

Damn, who pissed in YOUR Wheeties?

All over the map today, aren't we? LITERALLY!

:biggrin:

But it's your thread, feel free to hijack it.
:confused:

WesHollywood Wrote:Well, you see, now we have found your problem. Oh, in a utopian world, or the NICE bubble many human sheep dwell in, you would be correct.

But, accepting human beings for the violent, self-serving, manipulative bastards we are, NO WAY. This is why advertising agencies and corporations have so much power. While you are out picking flowers, we are programming you on what breakfast cereal to buy or politician to elect. We know what reality is, and we can back up that opinion with research and facts. We are business people and we are very thorough when it comes to spending corporate monies.

All I can say here is, You don't know me very well.

Go git 'em tiger!
Wink

LateBloomer Wrote:Whew!
Damn, who pissed in YOUR Wheeties?
All over the map today, aren't we? LITERALLY!:biggrin:
But it's your thread, feel free to hijack it.:confused:
All I can say here is, You don't know me very well.
Go git 'em tiger!Wink

First off, I am the OP on this thread, and this is not off-topic, we are reviewing methods of "educating" hispanic voters to support GLBT rights after we have supported their efforts many times in the past. Then they let us down on Proposition 8.

Strategies have been offered in this thread to deport illegal alien leaders, and even defeat pro-illegal alien, and BLUE DEMOCRAT, Congresswoman Loretta Sanchez. I was afraid this offering would be too much for some of the sheep in this forum. Get your head around it, this is bare-knuckle politics, and goes on ALL the time.

I am sorry, I do know you well enough. I read your posts. You are one of those guys who whispers advice from the safety of the sidelines to the "do-ers" but never risks their own ass. Yet, you do enjoy the benefits GLBT activists provide your lifestyle. There is a word for that type of person.

[Image: freeloader.png]

Others and I in this forum have taken time to reach out to your type to see if we can get you off your asses. My expectations were low. However, all these postings will hopefully support some hardworking GLBT somewhere like Des Moines, Iowa who will realize that serious efforts are made in important cities of the United States for their benefit as well. Yet, we will always have the indecisive who contribute nothing but talk.

this is a really long t hread

WesHollywood Wrote:I am sorry, I do know you well enough. I read your posts. You are one of those guys who whispers advice from the sidelines to the "do-ers" but risks their ass. But, you do enjoy the benefits people like myself and MANY others provide your lifestyle. There is a word for that type of person that begins with "F" but I can not think of it right now.

This *is* your thread, that's for sure.

I'll tell you what, since this is getting personal now, I'll simply bow out of any further discussion. I think I've said my piece. And I certainly know where you stand.

I'm sure, as I "turn the other cheek" it will just be exposed to another lashing, but that's what I've been taught to do--along with loving my brothers.

Cheers.
Smile

yea agreed.

There is a time for peace and there is a time for war. Considering that we have gained much more territory these days than ever before (in many places in the US the LGBT community is considered a "model minority"), why do we need to get violent now? Or even abrasive?

I agree with you in a sense. Abrasiveness and force might be needed at times, but now? I don't think so.

Oh... and I am glad you posted that poster from La Raza. People of European descent are slowly becoming the new pariahs (along with Muslims), and many people will deny that vehemently.

ObnoxiousKid Wrote:this is a really long t hread

Yes it is. And, we should be proud of ourselves. This thread is six days old and has 176 posts with 1,728 viewers.

My observation is that we GLBT do not take the issue of gay marriage lightly. We do consider the ethical sides of our behavior before acting. And, while we are divided on how hard we should hit back. However, the point is mute, it is the ass-kickers that prevail in GLBT politics.

Frankly, these side-liners who whisper advice from the safety of a comfy chair make little contribution, and the rest of us have to carry the freight for them. They enjoy the improvements in GLBT lifestyle, but they risk nothing. They are expendable. Like Ted Kennedy told a distracting Democratic County Chairman, "Get with the program, or get out."

[Image: tedKennedy_1469283c.jpg]

Well its kind of hard to "get out" of being gay. So I feel you must excuse the free-riders, because they can not opt-out of benefits any more than I can opt out of white-privilege benefits.

LateBloomer Wrote:This *is* your thread, that's for sure.

I'll tell you what, since this is getting personal now, I'll simply bow out of any further discussion. I think I've said my piece. And I certainly know where you stand.

I'm sure, as I "turn the other cheek" it will just be exposed to another lashing, but that's what I've been taught to do--along with loving my brothers.

Cheers.
Smile

Actually, I posted this thread, but there was already a side conversation in the PMs about the subject that found it's way onto the forum. You are a minority of one or two against, whom I consider basically disloyal to our cause. I have been out of town, off the computer for two days, this thread did not continue on because of me.

Do you think those of us who fight for GLBT rights are having fun? No, we are scared. We understand the personal price we can pay for our action while "do nothings" like yourself sit on the side lines and pontificate. Yet you get to enjoy the benefits of our efforts.

I think bowing out of this thread is a good idea for you.

The thrust of this subject has been covered, but there are a few extraneous details that need to be mopped up. I am sure the rest of us can handle that.

You may be sure that if you pull that "turn the other cheek" crap on me, you will get slapped just on the general principles that your kind are gutless, freeloading sheep.

Please forgive the tone of this post, it was not my intention to be rude. Devilfinger

AlephNull Wrote:There is a time for peace and there is a time for war. Considering that we have gained much more territory these days than ever before (in many places in the US the LGBT community is considered a "model minority"), why do we need to get violent now? Or even abrasive?

I agree with you in a sense. Abrasiveness and force might be needed at times, but now? I don't think so.

Oh... and I am glad you posted that poster from La Raza. People of European descent are slowly becoming the new pariahs (along with Muslims), and many people will deny that vehemently.

AlephNull Wrote:Well its kind of hard to "get out" of being gay. So I feel you must excuse the free-riders, because they can not opt-out of benefits any more than I can opt out of white-privilege benefits.

I'll take some responsibility for bringing this attitude into GaySpeak.com. I did post anti-white as well as anti Mexican illegal alien materials in this thread -- as sample materials of what is going on. The reason was to point out the example of how negative relations between Latinos and Anglos have become as they effect the GLBT community, and political relations. I do not personally agree with the materials of either side.

Let's try to keep our perspective here. The issue is the Roman Catholic Church is causing their Mexican American members to vote against GLBT Marriage on Proposition 8 which was defeated. If the Mexican Americans had voted with us, GLBT marriage would be legal in California. As it is not, there will be another effort, and severe consequences for the Latino community.

Note the demographics at the bottom of this link. Clearly Mexican Americans, (except their youth), sold GLBT out, after the many things we have done to support them in their challenges. http://www.hispanicbusiness.com/news/200...c_vote.htm

As to your final remark about individuals being thrown out of the GLBT club, I know of one obnoxious SOB right now whose pictures have been circulated to bars, bathhouses and GLBT businesses to be refused service. There are one or two in here that should have their pictures out. However, I also know there are members here who posted against gay marriage in this thread while sending generous checks to Stonewall Democrats, the GLBT wing of the Democratic Party. So, things (as most often) in politics are not always as they seem. In the end we all have to live with ourselves. http://www.stonewalldemocrats.org/ http://www.stonewalldemocrats.org/