Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is love lost?
CryHey guys!

I just have to get this off my chest and also see if maybe I'm being a little extreme. Sometimes I feel its too much to ask for someone to love you in a relationship without it being about sex 24-7. Don't get me wrong sex is awesome but what happened to love. It feels like love has went out the window and sex is all a relationship is about these days. Maybe I'm just a "Hopeless Romantic". I want some one who loves me for me, who can be like a best friend, who I can share things with and trust. And in return I want to be able to love this person just as much and be their for them as much. I refuse to have sex right away with someone I meet. It will be a long time until I realize that we actually like/love each other. The problem is my friends tell me I'm a prude or i need to lighten up. I just want to take my time and get to know the person and feel if we have a connection. I can't put myself out there to have sex with every guy that comes a long after just two weeks of knowing him or a week. It could even be months before i may sleep with someone. So am I a little over the top? :confused:

you sound a lot like my bf. Believe me guys like you are the best partners, you just need to find someone who appreciates that.

Don't give up on love Confusedmile:

Craig Wrote:you sound a lot like my bf. Believe me guys like you are the best partners, you just need to find someone who appreciates that.

Don't give up on love Confusedmile:

Awww, thank you. So sweet!:biggrin:

Hi Blake.

It's not to much to ask for at all.
You are a very rare gem my friend ,If I may , I will give you the same advice I have given my son.

Do not change a single thing about your expectations and never settle for less than you deserve.

Never give up on romance , being swept of your feet is the most wonderful feeling in the world.
Remember friendship is the corner stone of a relationship .

love isnt lost. but the concept of love is being blurred by media and overly horny teenagers with little self discapline. Your right about love, its all about making your demands and making your special someone abide by them. If not you can toss the relationship out the window because you'll never really be happy. find the balance between you and him. thats what its all about.

Rainbowmum Wrote:Hi Blake.

It's not to much to ask for at all.
You are a very rare gem my friend ,If I may , I will give you the same advice I have given my son.

Do not change a single thing about your expectations and never settle for less than you deserve.

Never give up on romance , being swept of your feet is the most wonderful feeling in the world.
Remember friendship is the corner stone of a relationship .

Thank you so much for your wise words. Ill definitely remember them!Confusedmile:

ManicLewis21 Wrote:love isnt lost. but the concept of love is being blurred by media and overly horny teenagers with little self discapline. Your right about love, its all about making your demands and making your special someone abide by them. If not you can toss the relationship out the window because you'll never really be happy. find the balance between you and him. thats what its all about.

Thank you! I totally agree!Confusedmile:

I would say love is lost and it isn't because of horny teenager, its more cause we put our feelings in materia and not in persons. Fast money, fast food, fast trips, fast one night sex, with no questions. As the media is controlled by the economy and the state, there is no profit with love, but there is profit in depression and enjoyment in goods. Unfortunately everything in this society is about money.

your theories are good but
if you have difficulty giving your self permission to have sex or your thinking your more asexual for what ever reason you will have issues in that relationship you want sooo much.

where is it written sex is bad, is to much sex worse than say driving to fast. isnt it all about moderation.

I am the exact same way. Guys who actully want a relationship, it seems, are a rarity. I have done stuff with guys with whom I hadn't been in a relationship, and it did not go over well with me for the most part. Due to this, I will not have sex until I actually find someone I care about, who cares about me in return.

I don't think you're being over the top at all. Smile