Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is my best friend in denial about being gay/having feelings for me?
Ok so I'm a sophomore in college and I met this best friend last year as we were both freshmen. I naturally got this vibe from him that he was gay, but he had a girlfriend at the time. Over time I realized that I had feelings for him and it didn't help that he touches me and plays with me extra unlike anyone else that I know of that is straight. Long story short I told him I had feelings for him over spring break, he didn't talk to me for about a week and we fought and made up constantly for the remainder of freshmen year. Now fast forward to the present as sophomores, I was doing ok and then the feelings slowly came back again. He lets me rest my head on his shoulders and sit on his bed. He usually is the one to iniate touching though, as he'll randomly poke me, press his body against mine or put his face or head against mine. He'll touch my legs or try to grab my legs to take my shoes off. However he is in a relationship right now with a girl and claims to be fully straight. We had a talk about a week ago and basically agreed that it would be best if we weren't so touchy feely. I had been keeping my promise as I don't want to end our friendship, but just a couple days after that, we were on the bus to go to target and he is sitting next to me touching me so I move and he follows me and such. At the target he finds a bat and literally keeps hitting my back thighs and sometimes my butt gently with it. He keeps getting in my way and trying to force me to walk with him but in front of him so he can keep touching. I tell him to stop but he doesn't listen. This is where it gets messed up for me though. He and I used to watch the Walking dead together right and by ourselves but stopped then I suggested we watch together alone again and he says that he thinks twits not a good idea to be alone as it might have me imply something more. However Im like I won't because we literally just talked about you being "straight" and not bi. He then tells me that I should watch it with everyone else and leave him out of it. He also tells me that he might me leaving next year for an internship and transferring to another school (probably the one his gf is at), so I tell him that that would make me sad and that I didnt want him to go. Pie then snaps on me and calls me selfish for wanting him to miss a possible once in a lifetime opportunity at this internship and that he questions that I am never there for him (which I have been multiple times despite me being hurt because of my feelings for him).
Now basically I just blocked his number and unfriended him social media, and I'm basically just nit going to talk to him anymore (which my other best friends who are tired of seeing my cry and being sad about him suggested). However I don't know if I'm doing the right thing, I mean I am very tired of being hurt by his selfish ass but I really care for him and still have feelings for him. I really do believe that he is gay or bi at least. He's says that's it's his personality that makes him all touchy however his best friends of 17 years or me hasn't seen him touch any guy or girl like he does to me.
Also I asked if he would get mad if I kissed him and he said no, plus I asked if he would ever cuddle with me and he said "maybe. Who knows", like what straight guy acts like this to an openly gay best friend that you know has feelings for you???